Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wicked laser quality

hi ive been hanging my nose over a few wicked lasers that are listed on ebay and in my country ,but i would like to know what people on here think about them mainly build quality and life expectancy

cheers

Razako

They're decent quality, but dramatically overpriced. That's my best analysis of them. Sanwu or Jetlasers will almost always get you better value.

Last edited:

Encap

hi ive been hanging my nose over a few wicked lasers that are listed on ebay and in my country ,but i would like to know what people on here think about them mainly build quality and life expectancy

cheers

Use the LPF Search function at bottom of the page---search Wicked Lasers --you will find hundreds of threads about them --most of them negative becuase of poor business practices, misleading marketing, and being way way overpriced.

At one time WL was the first and only game in town for high power hand held lasers--so most everyone has or had had one at some point and they are well know because of that--not for excellent product, service, or price--just for being first and for clever and aggessive marketing.

Wicked lasers are OK for toy quality overpriced lasers which are not even focusable. WLicked Lasers success is mostly the result of just marketing hype but they are very very good at marketing, so....

If you want an actually good laser--a professional level high quality laser have a look at : http://jetlasers.org/
JetLasers PL-E Pro and PL-E MIni are as good as it gets and they offer a lot of features nopbody else does as standard + their customer service is the best in the business--the actually care about having happy customers. love what they do, and are rightly proud of the products they make and sell at reasonable prices.

You can't go wrong with JetLasers

Last edited:
WL is garbage in my opinion, some items were ok, others were a complete crock and a misrepresentation, avoid anything expensive because lasers do wear out and WL has been shown to have serious quality issues.

If I ever thought to buy anything WL it would have to be inexpensive or I would not buy it, as for old used stuff that's billed as " rare " or " collectible " LOL, I would avoid that like the plague, it's likely worn out or has a problem.

Last edited:

BobMc

Most things about WL's have been stated. I'd like to add the Spyder series is very hard to get into, makes it really hard to repair. The Evo you can get into and repair it's not so bad. The Nano is real easy to get onto and repair. Hope this info helps you make your decision. :)

Last edited:
If you can get them at a low bargain price, go for it! But remember, if you are buying Used, you have no idea how many hours are on them and if they were abused! All very good points have been said above. Good luck!

Last edited:
hi thanks for the replies,ive contacted one of the sellers about his price and he didnt want to come below what he is asking,bearing in mind its almost double retail,i think the selling point of me wanting one,is that ive never had a wl and just wanted to give them a go

think ill have a good shop around :D

diachi

hi thanks for the replies,ive contacted one of the sellers about his price and he didnt want to come below what he is asking,bearing in mind its almost double retail,i think the selling point of me wanting one,is that ive never had a wl and just wanted to give them a go

He's charging double the retail price? As in WLs retail price? :confused:

Encap

Double the price?
The guy is a con-man ripping people who don't know any better blind and should be put of of his misery ASAP.

If you want one --just order one from Wicked Lasers at their ordinary high price. As you have seen the resale valuw/price is very good when you want to get rid of one.
Heck if you can get double your money for them like the ebay scammer seems to be getting, you probably would be well advised to buy them all day long for resale as a business-- if you can get past the unethical skullduggery aspects of doing so :crackup:

Last edited:
lol yeah hes now saying i can have it for £275 plus shipping,where its only £175 with shipping from wl,i would have been tempted if price was realistec due to it being in my country and no customs ect

Last edited:

Encap

lol yeah hes now saying i can have it for £275 plus shipping,where its only £175 with shipping from wl,i would have been tempted if price was realistec due to it being in my country and no customs ect

Tell him you you are willing to make available to him 10 pieces of Wicked Lasers Arctic--new unopened/untounched/ as shipped from Wicked Lasers @ £2250/10pcs.-£225 each + shipping and see what he says.

If he declines the kind offer, I would offer him £100 for his used Wicked lasers Arctic explaining you can purchase a new one directly from Wicked Lasersat any time, new with full factory warranty for £175--see what he says then.

Use the LPF Search function at bottom of the page---search Wicked Lasers --you will find hundreds of threads about them --most of them negative becuase of poor business practices, misleading marketing, and being way way overpriced.

At one time WL was the first and only game in town for high power hand held lasers--so most everyone has or had had one at some point and they are well know because of that--not for excellent product, service, or price--just for being first and for clever and aggessive marketing.

Wicked lasers are OK for toy quality overpriced lasers which are not even focusable. WLicked Lasers success is mostly the result of just marketing hype but they are very very good at marketing, so....

If you want an actually good laser--a professional level high quality laser have a look at : JETLASERS.ORG, find a selection of high power handheld lasers, dpss lasers, diode lasers and laser dazzlers - JETLASERS.ORG
JetLasers PL-E Pro and PL-E MIni are as good as it gets and they offer a lot of features nopbody else does as standard + their customer service is the best in the business--the actually care about having happy customers. love what they do, and are rightly proud of the products they make and sell at reasonable prices.

You can't go wrong with JetLasers

^^^ THIS... is 'telling it like it is'--
WL did a greedy and hyped-up sales marketing program while giving no real consideration for the buyers (some waited MONTHS w/o even any reply) nor for us as a 'hobby group'-- it was all about the $$ for WL and we will never recommend them for any lasers-- and the quality was never really 'there'
.... go with JL... they have been awesome with EVERY ASPECT..

and.. have never let us down in any way.. and have many times helped members in time of great need..and been very humble about this.

......I have hosted > 9 JETLASERS Laser Group Buys and every one was perfect!!!
.....hak