Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked laser fantastic service

Spooky

Those who forget the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them?

George Santayana 1863 - 1952

Also used by several wartime political figures here in the UK , among the Winston Churchill.

best wishes

Dave

Forgot to say welcome to you Spooky

enjoy the forums- I thought we had every username that started with a 'S' and ended in a 'Y'. I already got Sparky and Shorty and Smidsy as friends and another one or I cant remember--

I will skip over to the 'Welcome' section and read your intro thread..

Im no Sherlock Holmes but you are in UK--right? why not put that in your profile and we will be reminded of that sad fact every time you post--lol J+King with you... ;-)

CYA m8

hak

Spooky

Thanks Hakz :)

I'll let you in on a secret :) I was born in DC but came here when I was 2 years old :)

best wishes

Dave

Spooky

Kind of Epic,

Because of the job I do I can buy a laser of indeterminate power, there is no licensing or restrictions.
While I cannot walk into a shop and buy a 25Mw green pointer I can easily pick up the phone and order a 600 Watt tube without any questions.
There are no restrictions as such on pointers, the restrictions have been put in place on sellers rather than buyers.
In most cases if you can show "good reason" (from a legal point of view) we can buy pretty much anything.
A laser shipped to me as a 100 Mw "pointer" will get seized by customs, a laser shipped as "Industrial machine parts" won't. It's all down to end use, the UK restrictions are health and safety based, ergo we are told that above 5Mw is not suitable as a pointer but could be used as a designator for a high power laser machine.
On my machines there are 50 Mw greens that show where the (invisible) IR beam will strike when the machine starts, no problem at all buying those.
If I buy a "pointer" as a tool to use when aligning optics , again no problem.

Really strange laws we have here :)

best wishes

Dave

Sorry if this is a necro, but It's at least a little relevant. I've ordered 3 things from WL recently and everything has gone better than expected.

First, I ordered my Arctic on May 9th with expedited shipping, and received it on May 25th (16 days later) Something was a little loose on the inside, but I screwed it tight and haven't had problems since.

Then I ordered an expanded lens kit from WL on May 25th using the regular shipping, and received it today, June 12th (18 days later).

But I ordered a beam expander for the S3 on June 6th with expedited shipping, and received it today, June 12th (6 days later). It usually takes them about this long just to process and ship something, even though they say it should only take 3 days to process. My order info doesn't even show that the beam expander has been shipped, and I have no tracking number or email saying it's been shipped, and yet I have it less than a week from ordering it. I hope this is how WL performs nowadays.

one hole in your story.......WL doesnt have anything to do with shipping once the package leaves their place. WL doesnt do the shipping or delivering so basically you are saying that chinese shipping is good now :beer:

As far as the WL product, whats the real output of the Arctic? It should be 1W but if it hasnt been tested then its a lie until proven different. Also how is the beam expander? a member just did a review on one at it was all jacked up so WL had to replace it.

one hole in your story.......WL doesnt have anything to do with shipping once the package leaves their place. WL doesnt do the shipping or delivering so basically you are saying that chinese shipping is good now :beer:

As far as the WL product, whats the real output of the Arctic? It should be 1W but if it hasnt been tested then its a lie until proven different. Also how is the beam expander? a member just did a review on one at it was all jacked up so WL had to replace it.

Well damn, I guess you're right:D

And i've been fiddling around with the beam expander for the past few minutes and I thought this was supposed to be easy. I might be doing something wrong.

Hmm careful when handling a WL product... lol

Post some pics, brief review maybe?

As for the thermoregulation, I meant their original Spyder III's lol their Arctic was a knock-off compared to what they used to be... as far as I know at least. Maybe I'm wrong

EkeGJcY.jpg

Please do not change things in the past... Rule number 1947.24b in the unspoken forum declaration. :p

-cutyall