Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wich laser would you buy with >120 Dollars (90 euros); Why?

Wich laser would you buy with >120 Dollars (90 euros)?
and why? i would like to know what experienced laser users would do with this money. Would it be Green?Blue?or Red? etc.

Thank you :D

In my opinion, I would buy a greenie. The reason is because green lasers are still hard to build due to the nature of obtaining a reliable module, but blues, reds, and violets are really easy to DIY and they are generally a lot cheaper.

In my opinion, I would buy a greenie. The reason is because green lasers are still hard to build due to the nature of obtaining a reliable module, but blues, reds, and violets are really easy to DIY and they are generally a lot cheaper.

i agree with you :] Could you give me a link of one you would put your trust on?

Preferably, from LAZERER or O-LIKE (under 120$) ^^

´Thanks for your reply

I actually have no idea :\ I got my first and only green laser from Rayfoss for... $200? But I don't recommend either Rayfoss or O-like anymore. I would just go with the highest-powered greenie you can find on Lazerer for $120 and buy that one because they have a power guarantee.

I actually have no idea :\ I got my first and only green laser from Rayfoss for... $200? But I don't recommend either Rayfoss or O-like anymore. I would just go with the highest-powered greenie you can find on Lazerer for $120 and buy that one because they have a power guarantee.

Yeah... the problem is... there are alot 200mW with similar prices(around 120), and I was hoping I could get advice on getting the one with most durability, best duty cycle, and overall good quality. :/

If you want to look for duty-cycle, go with the biggest model, i.e. the one with the largest heatsink. I would suggest also looking for one that is NOT waterproof, because those generally are slightly weaker. But that's all the advice I can give :\

Hmm. Well it seems like the Rifle532 would have a higher duty cycle (because it has less power and because it is larger, i.e. more mass), but it's $5 cheaper for 50mW more guaranteed. *I* would probably go for the 150mW laser. But that's just me. To be honest, though, I would just get a cheapy $50 or so green laser that's not perfect and then save up for a >500mW, nice laser that's semi-expensive.

hampsterMSR I would suggest you have a look over at JETLASERS. They are one of the most top quality companies that I have ever dealt with. Customer service is awesome and I have never heard one bad word about them.

I have a review of their PGL-III-M green laser you can find here...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/jetlasers-pgl-iii-m-laser-review-55229.html

It is a 50mW rated laser outputting over 100mW! Its very sturdy and stable.

Last edited: