Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why HeNe?

TwatGobbler

What's the advantage of HeNe lasers these days? Is there anything they can do that diodes can't do better? Or is it just a matter of it being a cool tech? HeNe tubes definitely scream "laser" to me, much more than diodes. :)
Howdy there so you know about these HeNe lasers at all ? I recently was given a bunch of parts I hear actually make one of these lasers hear. I've got boxes of crap all in pieces and I was told everything is there plus some to make a really high quality laser. Only problem is ...I DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT LASERS ! But I totally want to build it just need a brain to pick lol

Snecho

Howdy there so you know about these HeNe lasers at all ? I recently was given a bunch of parts I hear actually make one of these lasers hear. I've got boxes of crap all in pieces and I was told everything is there plus some to make a really high quality laser. Only problem is ...I DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT LASERS ! But I totally want to build it just need a brain to pick lol
Hi,
This thread has been dead for 4 years. If you want help, I would suggest making your own thread as a Welcome post and introduce yourself/ask your question there and people will be happy to help you.

^^^ very well said.
Say you just moved into a house & your neigbor is having a party..
do you just walk in and help yrself to the bar and food NO
you find the host or hostess , intro yrself and shake a hand or two-

please do not take this the wrong way--WE really do want you here --

we need new members as we have lost some. You can read the great intros left by other new members in the welcome/newcomer section--you are a 'newcomer' yes? AND if you put your general location in your INTROS' title you may/will get greets and welcomes from members who just might live VERY close to you.. ( for in -person help) spend a few days/weeks reading at Dr Sam's Laser FAQ-- its HUGE and ad free.

Sam is my/our laser guru--he has given us most of the info we need.
Example- the length of the HeNe tube can tell you a lot and of course so do all the info on the lables.
BTW and mW you read on the tube is a class NOT the actual power of the laser-- so if you see 50mW the laser may be 50 mW or 15mW but less than 50mW.
The number before 'nm' is the wavelength-- this is the 'color' of the laser--very important. The visble lasers are between 400 and 700 mW--lasers more than 700 or less than 400 are pretty much NOT visable to most of us.. these are near IR or UV.. quite dangerous as you cannot 'see' them--

that is all the spoonfeeding I plan to do==HOMEWORK!!!
only you can do that--welcome and be as SAFE as possible at ALL times.
Another MUST-READ (OFTEN as new stuff is added daily IS LPS.org (Laserpointersafety) we pray that your name will never be seen there.

best wishes
ps
we want to see those pics