Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who still offers machining/milling services?

So I'm working on a project right now that requires a little bit of milling work to be done. I have a piece of aluminum that has a pocket milled into it. I just need to have one of the sides of the pocket removed. It really wouldn't be a hard job, but I don't have the right equipment to do it. Who here on the forums would you recommend me to go to on the forums here to have it done?

gozert

Considering you're in the US, I'd say Ehgemus. He makes very nice hosts and is likely able to help you out. Just send him a PM with what you need.

Considering you're in the US, I'd say Ehgemus. He makes very nice hosts and is likely able to help you out. Just send him a PM with what you need.

Does he do milling, lathe, or both? I'm really in need of someone who can do milling.

This is the part that I need milled. I tried to cut it with a dremel, but that simply isn't going to cut it. I basically just need the rib along one side milled flat with the bottom of the pocket.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
thestug, like gozert mentioned, Ehgemus is a great choice, also flaminpyro, maybe jayrob, and probably more that I'm missing.
If by chance, none of the machinists respond, I could do it for you.

thestug, like gozert mentioned, Ehgemus is a great choice, also flaminpyro, maybe jayrob, and probably more that I'm missing.
If by chance, none of the machinists respond, I could do it for you.

Thanks for the offer, BowtieGuy. I figured since almost all the hosts that I see are round that most of these guys are hobbyists with lathes. I was more or less just trying to find out who owns a mill.

Have you tried just using a full sized grinder? I mean that should flatten it out pretty fast.