Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who makes the strongest bluray laser pen style?

Im looking for a new bluray laser pen to buy and i was wondering if anybody here knows where to buy the strongest and most powerful bluray laser out currently. I found a 200mw bluray laser at laserpointerpen and freaklaser the pen style. Has anybody purchased this laser? and is it possible to pot mod this laser? I also sound the 150mw laser at o-like laser and the 120mw at megalaser. Does anybody own any of these and can the be pot modded? thanks

Last edited:

Re: Who makes the strongest bluray laser?

Do you mean commercially or DIY? The most powerful are DIY by far. Be prepared to spend close to $400 though and you can have 600mw+ of 405nm bliss in the palm of your hand.

Re: Who makes the strongest bluray laser?

Yea who makes the strongest bluray laser commercially? Sorry im new does DIY= do it yourself or homebuild? The 200mw pen laser from freaklaser or laserpointerpen looks nice im just curious if anybody owns one and if its any good. I was also wondering if that 200mw bluray laser could be pot modded? Is the 600mw DIY easy to build? What type of batteries do you use?

Last edited:
Who makes strongest bluray pen?
CHUCK NORRIS

JK :p You will find that jayrob here makes small CR2 keychains with 12x diodes, totalling in 600mW of 405nm light... from a laser smaller than your thumb.
Respekt.

Who makes strongest bluray pen?
CHUCK NORRIS

JK :p You will find that jayrob here makes small CR2 keychains with 12x diodes, totalling in 600mW of 405nm light... from a laser smaller than your thumb.
Respekt.

Thats awesome. Does he build and sell them? Are there any pics or vids of the 600mw laser he builds? Is it portable and what type of batteries does it take? I love to buy one if its portable.

Thats awesome. Does he build and sell them? Are there any pics or vids of the 600mw laser he builds? Is it portable and what type of batteries does it take? I love to buy one if its portable.
Haha, if CR2 keychain is not portable to you, nothing is.
It is a small laser, size of your thumb, uses one CR2 battery, and spits out 600mW of awsomeness. I will find you a couple of videos of his laser.
He sells the laser and the kits also, if you want to build it yourself.

Stay tuned, Imma go find some vid's now.

EDIT:
Here, see the thread by jay
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-key-chain-cr2-build-kit-schweet-42773.html

Last edited:
Haha, if CR2 keychain is not portable to you, nothing is.
It is a small laser, size of your thumb, uses one CR2 battery, and spits out 600mW of awsomeness. I will find you a couple of videos of his laser.
He sells the laser and the kits also, if you want to build it yourself.

Stay tuned, Imma go find some vid's now.

EDIT:
Here, see the thread by jay
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-key-chain-cr2-build-kit-schweet-42773.html

I was just looking at some pics of it. lol my bad. I didnt know the cr2 was the battery. It is definately portable enough. Does he sell them built too? ? Whats the price of it and how could i buy one? whats the diameter of the beam at apeture and whats the divergence?

Last edited:
I was just looking at some pics of it. lol my bad. I didnt know the cr2 was the battery. It is definately portable enough. Does he sell them built too? ? Whats the price of it and how could i buy one? whats the diameter of the beam at apeture and whats the divergence?
OFC he does, just PM him with all the questions.
It is adjustable focus, so divergence will be in your power, and beam size is around 4mm at aperture, as with all non-pumped diode lasers (red, bluray, IR).

Enjoy!

Oh... I forgot the official
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
Enjoy your time with us here and don't forget to read through all the stickies and FAQ topics, in Newcomers section!
:beer:

jayrob has excellent kits but im pretty sure that he wont sell you a complete laser, you still have to buy/install your own diode

jayrob has excellent kits but im pretty sure that he wont sell you a complete laser, you still have to buy/install your own diode
I think he will, jsut ask how much for entire finished laser.
It will sure take a big chuck of your wallet , any 12x bluray build will.

However... money spent on lasers is the money you never regret spending ! :D

jayrob doesn't sell complete lasers.you can buy the parts and send them to a builder(igorT,Daguin,Flaminpyro) to have them built.

So does he sell the kit and i buy the diode seperate? Is the laser very hard to make? what tools or supplies would you need to build it?

Told ya:D, ive asked him about it before, no completes, especially for noobs
My bad... :undecided:
So does he sell the kit and i buy the diode seperate? Is the laser very hard to make? what tools or supplies would you need to build it?
Judging from your questions, yes it will be very hard to make ... for you.

Please, take it slow, one step at the time.
Grab that $400 you meant on spending on that laser and buy yourseld
<= 30W soldering iron
Very fine soldering tips
all solder accessories (wire, solder, flux, sponge, stand)
A digital multimeter. Any will do.
Two combined pliers
Diagonal cutters
Very fine tweezers

And for the rest, buy yourself a nice LPC815 sled, 10 pack of Aixiz modules, and driver components or finished driver.

When you get your first LD to light up on the table BRIGHTLY, you are ready to take a step forwad.

For now, let's keep it simple.
Places to buy drivers, diodes, housings, lenses and all laser-related parts are million times mentioned here, good guys of LPF

Modwerx.com
stonetek.org
hightechdealz.com

All swell guys, be assured you are buying good stuff for cheap.

Keep us updated on your builds.

Nobody was born as an adult...
Baby steps first!

Last edited:
if you want to build it yourself, jayrob offers a hot option that includes a flexdrive preset installed in the host, with lead wires solderd on, id recommend this option as setting your own driver at this stage will seem almost impossible, on to the diode, for your first build(if you want bluray) id go with a 6X GGW, you'd get a good 200+mW out of it. i wouldnt recomend a 12X for a first build, and depending on your situation(if your new to lasers) you really wont need anything over 200mW and even thats alot(if your new to lasers and just want one to get one). to make things easier click hear:405nm GGW-H20L 6x Blu Ray Diode in Aixiz Module +650nm LCC diode [GGW-H20L] - $56.82 : High Tech DealZ, Simplifying the LASER Hobby!
this 6X GGW comes in a aixiz module and the sled containing a LCC red diode, if you went with this all you would have to do is solder the diode to the lead wires from the flexdrive(jayrobs hot option) from your kit, this is rather easy if you know how to solder.

Something not mentioned yet that I can see is, before you spend the money on the laser parts and diodes, buy yourself a pair of laser goggles rated for 405nm FIRST. If you plan on showing it off to another person, then buy a second pair of goggles. If you plan on showing it off 2 more then one person at a time, then get more goggles....... Eye protection first, laser second. It's WAY easy to get complacent with blu-ray. The light doesn't look that bright, so you don't realize just how bad it is to stare. You can't burn anything without being able to see what you are doing, and you can't see safely without the goggles. Also, any chance reflection will rob you, or those you care about enough to show off to, of sight.

Eye protection first. Laser second. Also, as you were told above, you will want to teach yourself to harvest the diode from a sled yourself, then solder it on yourself. Start with cheap diodes, I would suggest PHR diodes, they are as cheap as LOCs, however as they are blu-ray, you don't need to buy more goggles for the additional color of red... I killed 3 diodes teaching myself how to solder them to the driver properly. 2 from heat, 1 from not being careful screwing the module back on, and twisted the driver. (twisted one of the diode wires right off) It takes a bit of practice. I wish I had started out small. I bought an 8x drive for 150.00 USD and proceeded to kill it with heat and inexperience. That was a REALLY bad day. Start out small, you get the payoff of being able to play around with the small ones, and enjoy them still. THEN make the 12X after you are comfortable. It took me a while to be comfortable enough, but now I have my 12x :D harvested it myself, soldered it myself, even built the host myself. EXTREMELY satisfying, and you get much better bragging rights when you have built it yourself.

To answer your pot modding question: you can NOT pod mod any high power laser you are purchasing. The high powered ones are already set as high as they can be driven to without burning out extremely quickly.