Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who hates Dihydrogen monoxide?

Snytbaggen said:
But you guys seems to have forgotten that lack of DHMO can also mess up your body real bad.

That only applies to DHMO addicts, people who have become so addicted to the chemical that if they don't get their daily (or even hourly) fix then they can die from severe withdrawals. Much in the same way that a heroin addict can die from not getting their heroin fix. DHMO physically alters your body makeup, and it's been postulated that in heavy addicts their bodies may be comprised of over 90% DHMO.

actually its rare a heroin addict actually dieing from withdraws but alcohol withdraws can kill you your body shuts down -many years of rehab ;)

GoRdOn_B said:
Terrorists use dihydrogen monoxide. So by not banning dihydrogen monoxide you are supporting terrorism. Report all Dihydrogen Monoxide activity to your local Homeland Security Division.

I heard that the chemical components of DHMO are used to fuel space shuttles. The combined chemicals are available in large quantities at grocery stores, Wal-Mart, gas stations, and even in schools.

The formation of crystalline DHMO is also the cause of the failure of two of GooeyGus' Argon Ion lasers.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1229910555/16
DHMO is even dangerous to lasers.
:'(

Artix said:
[quote author=Niko link=1237432876/16#19 date=1237834084]Did you know this stuff even runs through our blood?
rly?  :eek:

:'([/quote]
It's a type of acid, Sherlock ::) ;D

Back in high school, we dropped a 10lb DHMO bomb on a teacher's car and it dented the hood pretty bad. ;D

Last time my professor was showing us the negative effects of DHMO on the human body he had to use oil to prevent the gas from spreading around the whole room.

DHMO is present in high levels nearly every creek, stream, pond, river, lake and reservoir in the U.S. and around the world.

E

electricmonk9@aol.com

I've heard that Dihydrogen monoxide in both it's liquid AND solid forms plays a significant role in many auto accidents across the globe.  Moreover, the gaseous form of DH can cause severe burns when exposed to skin!  :eek:

kendon

electricmonk9 said:
I've heard that Dihydrogen monoxide in both it's liquid AND solid forms plays a significant role in many auto accidents across the globe.  Moreover, the gaseous form of DH can cause severe burns when exposed to skin!  :eek:

also in gas form it can cause severe technical failures, in the engine or the brakes.