Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who are the L P F optic experts?

I had thought about a HH rig with 3 corrected NUBM44's each on its own heat sink mount and all on an aluminum plank with the center mounted and the outside 2 articulated, they would have run out adjustments, then you could just turn it on and bring the outside 2 into convergence with the center, you could have a wedge shaped deal so you slide a lever to move the outside 2 inward or outward together. Would be an easy 20+ watts to burn with at 15-30 feet no problem. Still will cost 450 bucks in parts, drivers, batteries, diodes, modules, aluminum, lenses.....make that 550.00 with cyl lenses and G2's and that's doing it yourself.

Would be cheaper to buy the 7875's from Ricker and use the G9 lenses, maybe you could knife edge 8 of them with a surplus KE array, I have dozens I bought from DTR, you would have to stagger your modules in narrow heat sinks or use extra mirrors, but even with just G9 lenses 8 x3w is 24w in a long razorblade line....maybe you could use a prism pair after the KE...???? Do them all together ???? Or if you used a large BE after a KE array of 8 x 7875's with the repurposed G9's, or buy G7's

This is why I keep waiting for a bigger diode, a much bigger diode.

How are you going to get this into a handheld unit...

RCB.. Alaskan....do you want this in something that is portable or handheld?

I wasn't planning on building a pointer with more NUBM44's in it, but I like the idea. I had at one time thought about having a three head pointer made with separate swivel arms on it each holding a axiz module with it's own heat sink, had some ideas on how to make them track with a small multi-wire cable, but I got tired of waiting months for the guy to start working on it to begin, so I cancelled.

Andrew: I have a 12T6 host that holds 3 x 26650's with a sturdy switch and I would build a sandwich box to fit in the wide head that had 12 XML-t6 LED's in it.

59082d1519434278-who-lpf-optic-experts-sany2201.jpg

Attachments

• SANY2201.JPG
    SANY2201.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: