Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

White light RGB pointer

Razako

I watched the video and it does look like a really nice laser that you made.

WOW

If this had popped up a month ago, I would have been on it like stink on shit.

hate to dis your work. it looks great but during the video the"white" looks alittle violet. i think it would have done better with a proper blue ld or more power on the other two colours

Now that's what I'm talkin' about... ;) I have seen tha white light and I believe !

Great video Blue. That's some big-ass prism you got thar. My skepticism has been soundly defeated. I see what xarlyx is talking about regarding the distinct beams when you shine the beam towards the camera in the fog, but how you combined the beams without dichros is beyond me. Are they actually just very closely parallel ? Still pretty amazing engineering either way. This video will go a long way toward giving your work credibility here and on other forums, so I'm sure someone with money to burn will want this now that they can see it working.

If you do manage to shrink your optics train down even smaller you could sell a bucket-load of them. In fact, if I've got all my other lasers and optic bits paid for by then, I'll buy one myself.

Good work and good luck with the sale.

Cheers, CC

It's a great laser!!!
It's too big for my taste, though... :( I believe it is the optical assembly that required quite a space, is it?

I'm so all over this if you manage to make it way smaller (probably a third of current one) and brighter (around 50mw maybe) for the same current price of $400...

That is exactly why this proto is for sale. I have the optics a lot smaller package now and may be as much as 1/2 this size. The problem is where the diode and lense become problematic to house in a small area. In the works and the beam combination is through optics....not beside each other. If that were so, then the spot would have only one focal point. I can't see far enough to examine the spot at 100 feet. I will get some help with this soon.

murrat

Very good. Seeing it live would be fascinating :)
Very good work bluephoton.Congratulations on that.

I have a reply from my optics guy. No worries there I just need to get ready for paying for the parcel. If anyone is interested here State side, I would consider $250 for it plus shipping costs however you want it shipped. Another $25 for the charger made for it's battery pack. Hope someone will give it a good home soon. Thanks.
OBTW the prism is out of a B-17 gunsight. I wish it could tell the story of it's lifetime adventures. I picked it up from an executive that was employed by AT&T. He was going to leave it in his office when he left the company.....go figure. It is made of C-7 glass as marked. Doubt you would find many of these just lying about......

-.-
3 parallel beams is not one white beam.
Without dichros this is the only way such a thing can be done.
Bottom line.

drlava

BlueFusion said:
-.-
3 parallel beams is not one white beam.
Without dichros this is the only way such a thing can be done.
Bottom line.

No, You're missing PBS use. I have done tests on the PS3 PBSs and they CAN be used to combine colors, however somewhat inefficiently. In this case you only care about 405nm efficiency, because green and red power are cheap. What he did create is 3 concentric beams, which is the same as what dichros do. now at an incredible price! it's tempting.

So tempted. PM sent. Hmm using a PBS would mean losing half the beam?? Imagine all those wasted red and green beams shining into the nothingness of the inside of the tube.

tomcat

let off on the guy that is the most amasing feat of laser engineering i have ever seen... getting all that in such a small package and no he wont dismantle it its really a trade secret getting something that good go post it on Photonlexicon the people there would appreciate it much more