Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

White lasers!?

Grix

You can make a white laser by combining red, green and blue. Use the search function.

scion

That looks really awesome! =D

So, to my knowledge in order to gain a white laser its a combination of more than one laser wavelength?

diachi

That looks really awesome! =D

So, to my knowledge in order to gain a white laser its a combination of more than one laser wavelength?

yes, at least two. You can make white from Yellow and blue, or cyan and red, as well as red green and blue mixed.

but there are none yet comercially available, youll have to do at lease a fair bit of diy work, though people here are making it easier and easier

Sure there are. RGB projectors and Mixed gas ion lasers are commercially available. There's quite a bit more to lasers than pointers.

Burtle

True white lasers do exist, I have a 2W one that runs from 400nm through to 1800nm continuous (Super-continuum)

I also have an Acousto-Optic Tunable Filter (AOTF) sat in front of it that allows me to select any wave length at around a 4nm width. The RF driver I have running the AOTF allows up to 16 individual wavelengths at any one time and can change all 16 wavelengths in about 10us.

Cheers

(...) The RF driver I have running the AOTF allows up to 16 individual wavelengths at any one time and can change all 16 wavelengths in about 10us.

Whooof, that sounds awfully expensive, i'd love to see pictures of these contraptions!

Robert