Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

White laser diode from nichia

Yeah, if you read the site its pretty simple - not something fancy like a supercontinuum laser. Its not a white laser at all, its just a white light POWERED by a laser diode. Same as when you shine a green laser at some things you can get yellow or red light from fluorescence, but its not a laser beam. Basically think of it as a white LED.

Though it might be interesting if you could break apart those laser-powered LEDs and take off the white crystal layer to expose the raw blue laser underneath.

Bionic-Badger said:
Though it might be interesting if you could break apart those laser-powered LEDs and take off the white crystal layer to expose the raw blue laser underneath.

It may be blue, but I'm guessing in this case it's more likely an infrared diode pumping the light medium since there is absolutely no coherence to the white light. If it were a blue laser combined with red and green radiant light produced from crystals, then you would get yellow radiant light and a blue coherent beam out the end.

That's just a complete guess though, as I have no idea how this light source works.

You can't use IR to fluoresce anything to emit visible light, at least not enough visible light to see. Look at the spectrum in the data sheet, it's a sharp blue laser peak and a wide yellow phosphor peak.

pullbangdead said:
You can't use IR to fluoresce anything to emit visible light, at least not enough visible light to see.  Look at the spectrum in the data sheet, it's a sharp blue laser peak and a wide yellow phosphor peak.

Aha! You are correct  :D

My Guess was wrong :-[