Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which saftey Glasses?

Can someone tell me which glasses I would need? I'm using a 20x LD from a DVD burner. So which glasses would be better to get?

Red laser beam protection 590nm to 650nm – Laser Shades

Suitable for use with red lasers. These Laser Shades are built to provide complete eye protection from red lasers with wavelengths of 590nm to 650nm.

Red laser beam protection 590nm to 650nm – Laser Shades :: Laser Safety Glasses :: Dragon Lasers

Red laser beam protection 640-750nm – Laser Eyewear
Red laser beam protection 640-750nm – Laser Eyewear

Suitable for use with red lasers. These Laser Shades are built to provide complete eye protection from red lasers with wavelengths of 640nm to 750nm.

Red laser beam protection 640-750nm – Laser Eyewear :: Laser Safety Glasses :: Dragon Lasers

fSymsOGXOpnjf0uhbDKDqLOGo1_500.png

Get the certified shades from OEM Laser Systems for the best! -Glenn :cool:

Ok thanks! Dragonlaser just emailed me & told me that he going to be coming out with a new pair of laser glasses they go from 600nm to 700nm. Think maybe I should wait for those since dvd burners are from 650nm to 660nm?

Turns out Dragonlaser got the new glasses in but it's going to take them a week or 2 to test them & then another 10 days to receive them. That's too long of a wait! I might sound impatient but aren't we all when we get something new?

So the OEM glasses will do me then?

Last edited:
Ok thanks! Waiting that long a just silly. My great concern was if OEM would protect for DVD Burner LD being their 650 to 660nm. Going to order now! Should of just ordered tue. would of had them by now! Dam dragonlaser tells me they'll be ready to order in a few days now says something different! :tsk:

I placed an order at OEM but maybe I shouldn't of?

After I told dragonlaser I was going to buy elsewhere he said, "Some here decided to fast track the glasses and they are now available online" Do you think he trust worthy? Or pulling my leg? I like the range much more & feel safer but never dealt with dragonlaser but hear good things here about them but seems kind a funny. Right?

Here they are:

Red laser beam protection 600-700nm – Laser Eyewear :: Laser Safety Glasses :: Dragon Lasers

Last edited:
I just found this post & after reading it carefully I think I made the right choice by going with the OEM after what fortychimp explained. My eyes are too important & I think dragonlaser just changed the specs on those glasses because those were the ones out of stock & said 640nm to 750nm & now those are no where to be found & the 600nm to 700nm is listed with the same picture.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/goggles-38309.html