Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which one should i get?!

So dont go with the gadgettown laser at all? i did pick up an overpec 5mw for like 19 but hes a "grab bag" could be good could be decent. I want a 200mw greenie for cheepe

So dont go with the gadgettown laser at all? i did pick up an overpec 5mw for like 19 but hes a "grab bag" could be good could be decent. I want a 200mw greenie for cheepe

Define "cheap"?

For example, I have one of these: 200mW Transformable lasers that I wouldn't mind selling.

It peaked at 201mW, and has very little runtime on it. As you can see though, the laser originally cost me $138 (total with shipping). If you want I'm willing to sell it for $140 shipped.

I also have a 150mW laser, I don't use much anymore, this one I'm willing to sell for $106. It's this design: 150mW laser.

It peaked at 201mW, and has very little runtime on it. As you can see though, the laser originally cost me $138 (total with shipping). If you want I'm willing to sell it for $140 shipped.

Not that it is any of my business, but your selling a used laser for 2 dollars more then what you payed for it? :thinking:

Last edited:
Not that it is any of my business, but your selling a used laser for 2 dollars more then what you payed for it? :thinking:

Uhm, well yes. Actually thinking of just posting it in the b/s/t section and start off with $150 to see if someone wants it.

I think given that it's actually on spec, and will ship from US and I can provide LPM results/chart is worth a little extra. Actually even at $140 I'll end up taking a small loss because of the paypal's 3.5% fee. After shipping I'd be left with ~129 off of $140. Basically I'm just looking to more or less break even when I sell lasers, to me it's not a business. At the same time I don't think I should be taking a loss. Anyone is always welcome to buy from o-like direct, wait a month, and hope that the laser is as advertised.

Last edited:
I was looking like in the 80-100 range. Where do you live that it is 20 mins from NYC? not to be awkward or anything.

Last edited:
I was looking like in the 80-100 range. Where do you live that it is 20 mins from NYC? not to be awkward or anything.

Well I am on the member map, and plenty of people on here have my real name/address so no awkwardness:p

I live in Fair Lawn, zip 07410. I work in Engelwood Cliffs literally 5 minutes away from GW/nyc.

Where are you located yourself?

Helios

What you buy a laser for and what you sell a laser for should really have no interaction what so ever. The laser is worth what ever someone is willing to pay. If he spent $1000 on it would it be worth more? No. So why would the opposite make sense either. Now if you can buy the same laser for less and dont mind waiting and trust the company selling it than by all means no one is stopping you from buying elsewhere. But LPMed and shipped within the US is hard to come by.

Rockland, bout 25mins from the gdubs/NYC
Is the laser strong enough to burn?

Yes it is. I mean it will burn black plastic/tape easily. Focused it will light a red tipped match.

If you're going to burn with it though, goggles are a must. The dot is too bright to look at up close.