Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which one should i get?!

200mW 532nm New Flashlight Style Green Laser Pointer Pen with 18650 Battery for Sale at GadgetTown.com
I like the style of this laser alot, it looks like it would be sturdy.

200mW 532nm High Power Green Laser Pointer for Sale at GadgetTown.com
This is the only laser i see being reviewed on any site.

200mW 532nm DC 3V Open-back Green Laser Pointer for Sale at GadgetTown.com
This is a dollar cheaper but i really dont care for the prices.

My 5mw laser died and i loved playing with it. I need some advice im going to buy one of these thrusday. Someone tell me if this site is legit and whitch laser should i should pick up. THANKS!!!!!;)

do not get any. gadgettown is a really bad site for lasers I bought a 200mw green from them a couple years ago and it broke. If you want a real 200mw green and are willing to spend a lot of money laserglow, CNI, optotronics are companies that will give the highest quality laser. If you are looking for a cheap 200mw laser that is up to spec Lazerer will offer some good cheap lasers.

Helios

None of them will be 200mW of 532nm thats for sure. I suggest you read more threads here about green lasers and then you will be able to make a good laser selection.

I would get one from Optotronics, the 150mw 532nm would be much better then any of those. It would cost quite a bit more though.

I got 50$ to spend and i want a laser now! As long as its over 100mw IDC! I live in manhattan and i hear this place is located in bk so it be like a day shipping and most. I hear good reviews then i hear bad?! someone tune me in plzzzz

Of the three lasers, the last one is your best option if you insist on buying from gadgettown.

Gadgettown is a chinese drop shipper company with a warehouse in brooklyn. They are NOT a laser company.

You will likely get a laser that makes green light, but don't expect anymore than that.

If you don't want to spend too much, other companies that do specialize in lasers, and are well priced: lazerer.com, o-like.com, rayfoss.com.

Last edited:
Ya but dont they come from other countries? Have to go thru customs and all. Ive seen some pretty good reviews on these lasers and videos. Its gotta be better then my 5mw from ebay.

Yes those other companies will ship from china.

Typically customs is not an issue, but on occasion lasers are confiscated.

The laser will probably be better than your 5mW from ebay, but it is a gamble.

The third laser you posted... this is it:

2011-05-21022237.jpg

2011-05-21021858.jpg

IMG00088-20110401-2040.jpg

I ordered THREE of them. Of the three, one had a beam so crooked it was actually hitting the inside of the host - I sent it back right away.

Another died after about a week. (That's the one I took apart.)

The third still works although there is a loose contact in it, so sometimes it need a little shake.

All in all, one in three I would consider to have worked as advertised.

But wait.. output, the best one did 120mW total with about 40mW of IR, so less than 100mW of pure green. The other two put out 30mW and 50mW. I didn't even bother testing for IR on them--they sucked.

So it's your call, you can always send it back if you don't like it, and only lose on the return shipping to brooklyn. My suggestion is go get a decent quality laser to begin with.

In the meantime if you want something better than your current 5mW from ebay, get one of these super overspec: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...er-overspec-5mw-greenie-shop-stock-65618.html

The super overspec do put out at least 50mW.

Yes those other companies will ship from china.

Typically customs is not an issue, but on occasion lasers are confiscated.

The laser will probably be better than your 5mW from ebay, but it is a gamble.

The third laser you posted... this is it:

2011-05-21022237.jpg

2011-05-21021858.jpg

IMG00088-20110401-2040.jpg

I ordered THREE of them. Of the three, one had a beam so crooked it was actually hitting the inside of the host - I sent it back right away.

Another died after about a week. (That's the one I took apart.)

The third still works although there is a loose contact in it, so sometimes it need a little shake.

All in all, one in three I would consider to have worked as advertised.

But wait.. output, the best one did 120mW total with about 40mW of IR, so less than 100mW of pure green. The other two put out 30mW and 50mW. I didn't even bother testing for IR on them--they sucked.

So it's your call, you can always send it back if you don't like it, and only lose on the return shipping to brooklyn. My suggestion is go get a decent quality laser to begin with.

In the meantime if you want something better than your current 5mW from ebay, get one of these super overspec: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...er-overspec-5mw-greenie-shop-stock-65618.html

The super overspec do put out at least 50mW.

I apprecaite all the things you provided me. Did that laser you still have burn black tape, pop balloons ect. I basically want a laser with a solid beam. I don't want to spend to much either.

Helios

I basically want a laser with a solid beam. I don't want to spend to much either.

Better start shopping at the hopes and dreams factory. I want a Ferrari but I only want to pay for a civic. Do you see where this logic is failing?

I guarantee there is not one member here who would not recommend that you read around the forum a bit and then make your own decision. We dont know what you want and we are not here to find it for you. Not to sound like an ass but the members here are not your personal laser assistants. If you want a good laser you need to find out what criteria makes up a good laser first and then decide what you want and what you can realistically afford and then pick one. You wont like to hear this now and I know you want a laser as soon as possible but if you dont want to waste your money then take a moment, educate yourself, and then buy the right laser.

I would also like to tell you, that the warehouse that is in Brooklyn does not carry laser's. The laser's would come from the warehouse in china. This is because laser's over 5mw are illegal in the United states. For example Dealextreme sells quite a few lasers, and they have a warehouse in the U.S, but the laser's only come from their warehouse in China. So the shipping would be the same for any website. (except for wicked lasers)

I would also like to tell you, that the warehouse that is in Brooklyn does not carry laser's. The laser's would come from the warehouse in china. This is because laser's over 5mw are illegal in the United states. For example Dealextreme sells quite a few lasers, and they have a warehouse in the U.S, but the laser's only come from their warehouse in China. So the shipping would be the same for any website. (except for wicked lasers)

Actually that warehouse does carry lasers...

Not sure what they are gonna do once the Federal Dominion of @SSholes finds out though.

Last edited:

Helios

There are some laser retailers who ship chinese lasers from within the US. Not a great idea in my opinion but I know of several who are getting away with it. I am sure if the guys in suits noticed it would make for a world of hurt for them.