Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Which is it gonna be....473nm or 593.5nm?

Which color do you prefer?

• 473nm

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 594nm/593.5nm

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I both love 473nm and 593.5nm, but I was wondering if you could only pick one...which would it be, and why? :)

PS: Im just talking about color, not about duty cycles and all that.

May the best win!

593.5 (or 594.1, or 589) for sure. Having a yellow laser is like having a miniature sun in your hands. Of all the lasers I've had (dozens over the years) my 593.5nm is the only one I truly miss. Right now in a heartbeat I'd trade my 8-line 80mW Argon Ion laser for a 5mW 594.1nm HeNe.

Nope, price isn't a factor :p

We are just talking about color here.

Then yeh, as I said yellow all the way. Even in various media, it's rare to see a yellow laser. Be it cartoons, movies, tv shows, etc.... 593 is just such a rare option, that it'd be an easy choice for me!.

I like them both but my favorite color is blue so I voted 473. They are 1 & 2 on my list though, not ab easy choice

Hmm... this is a tough choice for me. The power of the sun, or the power of the oceans... :p

Hmm... this is a tough choice for me. The power of the sun, or the power of the oceans... :p
Haha I think it's more the power of the sky:D i imagine the oceans being more 445nm but that's just me:p Oh, and 593.5nm for sure

I'd have to go with 593.5. :D Probably my favorite wavelength so far. 473 kind of lost some of it's allure due to the commonness of the 445 diodes now. I know they're different and tbh I do like 473 a bit more, but in the end they are both blue. So far there are no common alternatives to 593.5, so makes it really unique too. :D

Yeah, but that's just as rare. :D 445 is so common that blue has gotten normal. :p Yellow, whether 589, or 593.5, still few people have seen.

Of course I say that and watch a 590 diode appear next week or something. lol

My heart says orange, but for "practical reasons" I voted for the blue skylight:). Haven't seen any of them two wavelengths with my naked eyes, so for now I try to imagine what would they look like in real life. But beam pictures from those members, who shared beam shots of "their precious", give me a decent idea and support my in reality yet-to-be-seen expectation of 589/593nm & 473nm beam spectrum:).

Last edited:
How about a pink laser? what wavelength would that be?

yeah yeah I know, pink is a "tint" not a color. I WANT A PINK LASER just beam combine a red and white laser.:crackup:

or maybe "salmon"

Last edited:

Back