Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

which diodes have short/long pins

Drew

I wrecked one of my very first 2 sf-aw210s because the pins are extremely short. One little bend and off goes the positive. I am new to building lasers, been doing flashlights for years, and am interested in all wavelengths. Can anyone please tell me which diodes have longer pins and are easier to work with? it looks like the red lpc has long pins but i could be wrong. Thank you for any help

daguin

I wrecked one of my very first 2 sf-aw210s because the pins are extremely short. One little bend and off goes the positive. I am new to building lasers, been doing flashlights for years, and am interested in all wavelengths. Can anyone please tell me which diodes have longer pins and are easier to work with? it looks like the red lpc has long pins but i could be wrong. Thank you for any help

All diodes start out with long pins. They are often cut shorter in an application. You will have to be more specific about what application/diode you are asking about to get an answer for each application/diode

Just asking, "Tell me everything." rarely gets very good responses. The more specific the question, the better the answers ;)

Peace,
dave

Drew

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. The diodes in question were from modwerks. That's very interesting that they all start out long. Maybe that's why they were the cheapest 6x i could find, because they were cut short and hard to work with! 2.5mm long. I'm learning. Thanks again!

usually the only diodes with long pins are new or come from something like the casio projectors. most sleds and other common sources have shortened pins.

Drew

Great service from Modwerx though. 2 days to my door and cheapest pricing on what i was looking for.