Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which battery 16430 or 18350?

leemp5

Hi Guys,

Just ordered the arcain 2.0 from sci fi lasers, on their website they says to use x2 16430 or x2 18350 batteries.

I have used the search and googled it however I cant seem to find any info on which is better for laser pointers.

Which battery out of the 2 would be better or doesn't it matter?

Also is there a certain type I should be looking for? For example my shooting chronograph will not work properly unless I am using alkaline batteries.

Many Thanks

18350 batteries have slightly more capacity so i would go with that.

Hi Guys,

Just ordered the arcain 2.0 from sci fi lasers, on their website they says to use x2 16430 or x2 18350 batteries.

I have used the search and googled it however I cant seem to find any info on which is better for laser pointers.

Which battery out of the 2 would be better or doesn't it matter?

It wont matter. Both is equally good other than the fact that 18350 has high better capacity than 16340. This would means you can run the laser longer in a single charge.

Also is there a certain type I should be looking for? For example my shooting chronograph will not work properly unless I am using alkaline batteries.

Many Thanks
Both 18350 and 16340 are both li-ion battery. So there is really different types of battery

There's only a tiny difference in their size. Just for the future keep in mind that not all 18350 will fit every host that is made to take one 18650 or two 16340, but in this case you're ok. Also your batteries will need to be button top, not flat top.

Alan

Pman

What Pi said. IF you already ordered flat top you can just add a small flat neodymium magnet to the ends of them so they can make contact with each other and/or the front contact board (where the front battery will contact inside the unit) if you need to. Just be sure the magnet is centered. You will understand once you have them.
Take a look around at threads on batteries to see which brands are recommended. You have plenty of time while waiting for your unit.