Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to get gas lasers?

diachi

First class would be £1 under my budget ::)

I'll speak with my dad and see what he says .

thanks,

-Adam

daguin said:
That's just because you have not seen an orange Hene in person.   ;)

Peace,
dave

I wanna see it in person... when are you going to bring your lasers up to WA so we can play with light all day? ;D ;D

Wow Daguin that Argon is some steal!  :DWhat do you mean buy a remote interface to adjust the power output? Isn't the mW adjusted buy the power Suppy? :-?

Thanx
-Pete

Switch

I think all the names are funny :D Especially P. Wellington III ;D

(lol, no nothing constructive to add :p)

daguin

Xplorer877 said:
Wow Daguin that Argon is some steal!  :DWhat do you mean buy a remote interface to adjust the power output? Isn't the mW adjusted buy the power Suppy? :-?

Thanx
-Pete

I'm not here to get rich ;)

The PSU does control the output, but the interface controls the PSU. There are several ways to run an argon like this. The first is simply to jump the pins needed to run it at "idle." Idle in an argon works like idle in a car. The laser is lasing, but at a low level. The second way is in "light mode." In light mode the PSU gets feedback from a photodetector in the laser. This automatically runs the laser at mid range. The last way is to run it in "current mode." In current mode the PSU is intentionally adjusted to increase or decrease the output of the laser. Idle and light mode can be achieved by jumping pins. In order for current mode to operate, there must be a potentiometer in the circuit.

I will ship the laser with the pins jumped for idle. That way the buyer can have argon goodness with the least trouble possible. In order to run it at higher outputs, the buyer will have to do some limited soldering and get a potentiometer (or simply buy a remote interface to do the job).

Peace,
dave

diachi

If you can be bothered you can build a remote interface. I've built one for mines which consists of a " borrowed " 25pin connector, a metal case with pot and switch and an analogue multi-meter taped onto the metal box. This works fine for me, but if you want something better, or more professional, you could have a look on eBay.

-Adam

Thanks Daguin it looks awesome. I wish I had the money to spend on it and a place to put it. :p

daguin

Xplorer877 said:
Thanks Daguin it looks awesome. I wish I had the money to spend on it and a place to put it. :p

I readily admit that I am biased, but I love my gas lasers.

Peace,
dave