Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to find the plug for NUBM08 PCB?

I have a question to the members knowing different kinds of plugs and connectors for curcuits:

What kind of 8-pin sockets are there on (used) Nichia blocks sold in ebay and where can I find the right plugs for those?

Attachments

• NUBM08 PCB 8-pin socket.jpg
    NUBM08 PCB 8-pin socket.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 21

Hi, Ask one of the vendors who sells these arrays or banks as they are called . after they strip the projector of all the goodies am sure they will have them. Many Banks that are for sale no not have that connector attached some do ..

Rich:)

Hi Rich,

It does not seem to me that these blocks are from projectors (at least Kac#o ones). They are so cheap now on ebay that they might be FOR projectors what I do not know or for something else.

Earlier I took apart a v1 PJ and the NUBM44 block in it has a PCB with a completely different socket-plug.

That Chinese site sells the blank PCB but I don't know if they had connectors or not.

I have also purchased these blank PCBs. They are same type of connector but with only 4 pins.
Maybe I found the name - these are called "Scherlock connectors 2.00mm pitch", ordered some from ebay, let's see if they are the right ones...

Semi related post:
This seller has only 6 feedback so I don't know if he is legit or not, but I have found some nubm06 diodes have a good gball focus, if these gball diodes are in good factory set fixed focus then I would like to converge a bunch of beams via articulated mounts and I will only need to build some drivers to power them all in series. But I have not attempted to order from this seller yet, has anyone ?

would that seller be

sabzh21 (7 )
he is very new but has great FeedBack. 4 buyers 7 sales
and lowest prices too.

Semi related post:
This seller has only 6 feedback so I don't know if he is legit or not, but I have found some nubm06 diodes have a good gball focus, if these gball diodes are in good factory set fixed focus then I would like to converge a bunch of beams via articulated mounts and I will only need to build some drivers to power them all in series. But I have not attempted to order from this seller yet, has anyone ?

Returning to the plug subject - I received the Scherlock connectors - these are not the right ones!

But seems that I finally found what it really is. These pieces with code PAP-08V-S

Ordered 1 from ebay UK (Ali sells minimum 100 pieces lots!), let's see:

Cool, you found the connector......although using these diodes in the block is still not the way to go IMHO it could be fun to power up before harvesting.

These are getting cheap, too bad they have that GBall can.

Here's that seller I was asking about, these NUGM03 diodes are happy with the can removed and have better efficiency, I am getting almost 1000mw out of one @ only 1.8a through a 2 element.

Last edited:
Feedback score.. that means the seller has made at least six buyers happy and none unhappy.

Low feedback does not necessarily mean a seller to beware.
PP & eekbay have you covered so...

WOW that
Cool, you found the connector......although using these diodes in the block is still not the way to go IMHO it could be fun to power up before harvesting.

These are getting cheap, too bad they have that GBall can.

THAT is cheap--~$20 per diode!!!

Hi RC,

Yes, finally PAP-08V-S was the right plug but there were no soldered connectors for it in the market. It took me one month to buy some loose JST PA connectors (very tiny pieces of metal) and solder them to wires to finish the right plug. But now it works, I can drive the "used" NUBM08 block (purchased in ebay for 150usd) all LDs at 4.5A.

Unfortunately the G-balls collimation is not great again - probably all N. blocks are like this. Now I have 2 of them, so maybe finally will remove original lenses and install 16 G-2 over the whole thing in a Thorlabs 60mm cage construction.

CDBeam, look at the multilens holder I have been doing! Done by a CNC workshop, but the machine made M9x0.5 threads were too tight, so I had to repass all holes manually at home...JST1a.jpgJST2a.jpgJST3a.jpg