Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy combiners and dichro's?

Benm

I'm looking to do some experiments with combining beams, for example the beams from 2 GB 660 nm diodes, and also for a way to mix in a 50 mW or so green beam.

Does anyone know an affordable webshop or ebay seller for:

- Polarizing combiner 'cubes' (those that mix a vertical and horizontal polarized beam) ?
- Dichroic glasses to combine red/green beams?

I'm looking to have these shipped to europe, so shipping cost is probably a factor too...

I can get them here in the US. These dichros do not cost too much to ship as they are about 22mm x 48 mm x1 mm. $4.00 for these in US, not much more elsewhere, they reflect about 80% red at 45 degrees angle of incidence in 650 nm red and at that angle pass ~55% of the 532 green they look like a transparent gold coat on glass substrate. I sold the first lot, but can get them in a week if you want some. -Glenn

Benm

Sounds interesting.. however, i'm a bit confused about how much green they will transmit in a typical setup - only 55%?

Benm

Edmund probably has very good products, but they are a bit out of the price range for just a couple of experiments i have in mind...