Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

where is the best place to buy a laser?

Bogdan

is there any website with free shipping or just cheap shipping to Europe that sells all kinds of lasers? (ex: red green blue or violet etc)

JL is good as mentioned, also Sanwu make some pretty nice quality stuff.

Don't even think about buying a high-powered laser without getting yourself some appropriate laser safety glasses first. You only have one set of retinas - and you don't want to lose your sight for the sake of the cost of a set of goggles.

Might be nice if you take a good look and read through the sticky threads for new members and post and introduction in that section.

Reactions: GSS
Hi Try Jet Lasers great company many options.

Rich:)
JL is good as mentioned, also Sanwu make some pretty nice quality stuff.

Don't even think about buying a high-powered laser without getting yourself some appropriate laser safety glasses first. You only have one set of retinas - and you don't want to lose your sight for the sake of the cost of a set of goggles.

Might be nice if you take a good look and read through the sticky threads for new members and post and introduction in that section.
^^^^^^^^^ from an 'old pro' and a new member--BOTH have taken the time to give you the best possible replies--

we are glad however, your thread was NOT 'did I make a mistake buying my laser from ...'

JL Is China as is Sanwu (podo)--both are at the top of our lists.
closer to you is a fine company that has been around forever.
Get a kit from Odicforce and you will not regret.
for others--try to buy FROM a forum member first.
place a WTB in BS&T.. we tend to give good deals when we know our laser is going to a 'good home' ..The list of ones (Companies.) to avoid is many many times longer that the outfits we like and where we are repeat 'offenders'...

and-- honestly we like to help.. but when you have NOT done your own homework.. we kinda feel let down... 'taken advantage of'.
IF you are asking questions 'for the attention'.??
.stop that..its extremely annoying and we are not fooled even tho we answer your VERY common questions.. its just not the best way to fit in here... ( & use other searches as well- try different terms
enjoy the forum (and its search) and be very careful-

- get NO powerful lasers w/o having the proper eyewear already on hand ( or wisely, you are getting a laser that 'comes with').. even tho I suspect only a low % of us did it that way...get the best you can afford- may want to upgrade later and use your old ones as 'guest glasses'.

Our mistake==& we 'own' it.. go make your own mistakes and leave ALL of ours alone...lol

ps
if you really get 'stuck' PM/ask any vet..
hak
update
just searched 'place to buy laser' got a list of 200 threads..
from there you can search more accurately by searching the results and adding Red - 'place to buy red laser'
remember to check dates of last few posts in ANY thread.. dont be a 'necro-poster' A member looking for a blue laser is unlkely still looking 3 years later.
and dont double post.. instead combine using 'edit'.

not saying you have..just for future ref.

Last edited:
It depends on how much money you are willing to spend and what power and wavelength you are looking for. Jet Lasers and Sanwu make very good lasers, but are on the pricey side of most budgets. For up to 100 mW, you can find laser pointers on eBay for about $10.00 each. They come in 532nm green, 650nm red and 405nm violet, or near UV. You can also find smaller pointers that are ~50 mW and run on two AAA batteries for $3.00 for all three. But, they aren't focusable and therefore, won't burn anything if that is your main desire.

I have always heard that the overall best burning laser is a 405.. very tight beam therefore concentrated and great divergence- would be able to burn at longer distances. I sold a JL 500 PL-C 405 to a banquet hall operator as was always wanting the helium balloons down from the high ceiling left by last party.. Brad never complained so I assume it worked.

Will ask .>*-*<.

..he owns tens of thouands $$ of lasers but that JL is his only handheld.. afaik

btw I just HAD to own a 405 when only 'home built' was offered..I paid $140
for 100mW 405.(sunclan iirc) I eventually killed it. now same (but as pen-pointer) for 99 cents.

WalkAmongUs

^^^^^^^^^ from an 'old pro' and a new member--BOTH have taken the time to give you the best possible replies--

we are glad however, your thread was NOT 'did I make a mistake buying my laser from ...'

place a WTB in BS&T.. we tend to give good deals when we know our laser is going to a 'good home' ..The list of ones (Companies.) to avoid is many many times longer that the outfits we like and where we are repeat 'offenders'...

and-- honestly we like to help.. but when you have NOT done your own homework.. we kinda feel let down... 'taken advantage of'.
.stop that..its extremely annoying and we are not fooled even tho we answer your VERY common questions.. its just not the best way to fit in here... ( & use other searches as well- try different terms

- get NO powerful lasers w/o having the proper eyewear already on hand ( or wisely, you are getting a laser that 'comes with').. even tho I suspect only a low % of us did it that way...get the best you can afford- may want to upgrade later and use your old ones as 'guest glasses'.

Our mistake==& we 'own' it.. go make your own mistakes and leave ALL of ours alone...lol

ps
hak
update
from there you can search more accurately by searching the results and adding Red - 'place to buy red laser'
remember to check dates of last few posts in ANY thread.. dont be a 'necro-poster' A member looking for a blue laser is unlkely still looking 3 years later.

ps
hak
update

Please help! I am struggling with this site! I am new and ive read rules/terms but I do not know how to prove that in order to access d/s/t page. These ads are killing me.
Thanks!

GSS

Hi, do you mean the driver test load etc. threads?