Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where do you guys store your lasers?

So, in order to get these, one would need to buy the pipe it is protecting. I take it you work around places that use these pipe fittings. Do you have any that would fit over the front of a couple of MS-SSW-IIs? I have two and would like something to cover the focus assy. on them.

Hi,
Or you can use a rifle scope lens cover , just measure the OD of the sink and the ID of the cover. They have rubber fit and hard plastic with a flip up cap.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, that's pretty much it, Paul.
Let me know what size (diameter) your MS-SSW-II's are and I'll take a look around; the sizes are hit and miss, especially when you're looking for bigger sizes, although sometimes you get lucky. :yh:

They are actually a type of these; I've used both the hard plastic type, like on my Ti-B's, and those soft pliable ones, if I can find the right fit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cap...leHcAhUPOawKHdOgDIgQ_AUIEigC&biw=768&bih=1024

Last edited:
Yeah, the heat sink and focus knob on that host is pretty large. I'll have to dig my calipers out and measure one of them. I currently have them wrapped in bubble wrap, but it isn't as airtight as I would like it to be. I have a feeling that dust has collected on the lenses and I'd rather keep it from collecting there than trying to remove it.

Thanks for the links, Robert. It looks like one of those is a guy in CA that is selling the castoffs from where he works of the pipe joint covers. But, the others look like something I can use. :yh:

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png
Would be nice if you introduced yourself to
the Forum members in the Welcome section.:yh:

Jerry

Last edited:

trephanation

I know this is an old thread and I apologize for the necrobump... Just wanted to give other potentially new members an idea as I have just commandeered this old case that I forgot the original contents of. Added some acoustic foam and it perfectly and safely fits my S4 and 501B. I thought this would be way better than keeping them out, as it mitigates potential damage to the lasers from dropping or bumping as well.
IMG_3948.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It's OK to revive old threads as long as you have something to add, and it looks like you have a pretty nice little laser case to add; nice job. :)

If you use a normal lens focus ring, the rubber button cover for a flashlight tail cap fits perfectly over the lens if you snip the rubber off the middle of it, and will keep the dust off your lens!

It won't let me post a link to what I'm talking about....

The middle part of the rubber will also fit into some of the other focus rings as well so you can use them on those as well.

Hi,
Great info but no need for pics we all at some time or another used those rubber caps for that purpose . All in all great info thanks .
Rich:)

tmoney321

I also recently was researching storage solutions for some of my lasers. I think Pelican cases are the best there is generally, and having prior experience with them I chose to adapt the 1170. Its on the smaller end of what they offer but still provides good protection and has holes for 2 padlocks which is a nice. Another plus is that the 1170 is relatively inexpensive at around $35 on Amazon and I think it or the larger 1200 would be a viable option for many people.

As for the foam; I normally am not a fan of the pre-scored "pick-n-pluck" type foam as I prefer to cut it myself or have custom foam made for aesthetic reasons. However, the included foam works quite well for the shapes of most lasers. The only difficult part is getting the depth right, so do some planning before you take a knife to it. The attached image is mine currently. Apparently, I need 2 more lasers now to fill it out properly. :)
-Nick

20200114_072427.jpg

Depending on what lasers you own this can take up a great deal of space. I currently have more than 13 large boxes of lasers from EDC pointers to argon and HeNes. Some would need a very large suitcase, indeed, to hold just one of them. Others, I have been able to stack over a dozen to a box. Keeping them dust free is my main concern.

Snecho

I have these types of storage towers on wheels, and I think it would be a really nice place to store lasers if you fill the drawers with closed cell foam and then cut to fit pointers. You could also maybe have one or two to keep your drivers, lenses, diodes and stuff.

10361-4Drawer-Plastic-Rolling-Cart-Storage-Tower-Organizer-Home-Cabinet-Dresser-White-5893d3a6...jpghome-tower-organizer-5-drawer-1-.jpg