Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

When will they learn?

Sadly it's only time before one of these idiots causes a plane to nearly or God forbid actually crash on landing. I think if you go "by the book" while one pilot is actually moving the controls during landing the other has hands on as well but only follows their movement in case anything happens to the controlling pilot. In theory this should prevent any mishaps but what I can see happening is the pilot in charge during landing takes a direct hit for a high powered laser and hits one of the flight controls (yoke/control stick, throttle, pedals, etc) while instinctively trying to shield their eyes. I pray if that does happen the other pilot is able to take control and land safely but if it happens right before touchdown... Actually I just don't want to think about that.

jakeGT

I am a pilot, and almost have my private pilots license. If it's just you up there in your cessna and you hit one sensitive control, that could be a 100 ft. drop in half a second, if your 50 ft. off the ground and get hit by a laser? boom, crash, nobody there to grab the controls if your just trying to take an afternoon spin

Jake-

That's exactly what scares the hell out of me. Even if the non-landing pilot had hands on controls if the landing pilot gets a direct hit in the eye and somehow pushed the yoke forward very bad things could happen before the other could take over. I need to email one of my friends who flies for Delta and get his take on this.

I share everyone's disgust on this & fear the crackdown, reprecussions & restrictions that will soon follow from the growing number of incidents like this. I know these are kids but with some of them, well there's a saying....

518YbBGVxSL._SX500_.jpg