Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's the strongest burning laser pointer available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenzir

The secret service has it, and you can't :p

I faintly remember reading about one in michigan that wasn't pulsed in the megawatt range :eg:
Can't find the article now...

EDIT: ^^ ahaha, I missed him saying "pointer".

Well, www.rayfoss.com

That will be a nice burning pointer

EDITEDIT: Are you asking this for information, or are you looking to buy something? IF you're looking to buy something and this would be your first higher powered laser, DO NOT buy what I linked you to. :eek:

Last edited:
I faintly remember reading about one in michigan that wasn't pulsed in the megawatt range :eg:
Can't find the article now...

EDIT: ^^ ahaha, I missed him saying "pointer".

Well, www.rayfoss.com

That will be a nice burning pointer

EDITEDIT: Are you asking this for information, or are you looking to buy something? IF you're looking to buy something and this would be your first higher powered laser, DO NOT buy what I linked you to. :eek:

That is one bad-ass looking laser! I wish I had three hun lying around to burn on that.

You shoulda linked him to some safety glasses first :p

Fenzir

I think you're looking for a CO2 laser then. It will not be a handheld, or if it is, the runtime will be miniscule. I saw a handheld CO2 that could do maybe 20 pulses of a couple of milliseconds before the batteries needed to be recharged.

Fenzir

Burnpower, 100w+ of CO2 will burn through a LOT.

5w is achievable. Is this going to be your first laser by chance?
Do you need it to be portable?

Honestly, I would GIVE UP on your dream of having a handheld burn messages or images into a wall, It is just not gonna happen for any reasonable amount of money and plus that kind of power is extremely dangerous. If your are looking to write on walls with a laser pointer then I suggest that you buy a can of glow in the dark paint from a hobby store and paint a wall with it. Then use a low powered (5mw) 405 laser to write messages on the paint once it has dried. Cheap. Easy. Safe.
- Matt

Look: Blu-Ray UV Laser Drawings on Glow in the Dark paint - YouTube

Honestly, I would GIVE UP on your dream of having a handheld burn messages or images into a wall, It is just not gonna happen for any reasonable amount of money and plus that kind of power is extremely dangerous. If your are looking to write on walls with a laser pointer then I suggest that you buy a can of glow in the dark paint from a hobby store and paint a wall with it. Then use a low powered (5mw) 405 laser to write messages on the paint once it has dried. Cheap. Easy. Safe.
- Matt

Look: Blu-Ray UV Laser Drawings on Glow in the Dark paint - YouTube
If 200mw burns a match.. then 3-5w would leave marks on walls..

Status
Not open for further replies.