Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

whats the best i can get for 45$?

i really want i good one,, it can be higher price but 45$ is about what i want to spend.

Last edited:

REALLY need more from you in terms of if you want something for flood or throw, what kind of preferred batteries, warm or cool color LED...

Just something more than that you want a "good one" lol

idk. i want flashlight thats really bright and a somewhat collated beam.

Last edited:

ferd19

if you want some good info, i'd suggest you go to cpf as they have TONS of info on flashlights, though they mostly go for quality lights. check cpf market for lights as well.

2 lights using the same LED, one meant for flood, one meant for throw. The flood light will light up a larger area than the throw light, but the spot of the throw light will be much brighter than that of the flood light.

if you want some good info, i'd suggest you go to cpf as they have TONS of info on flashlights, though they mostly go for quality lights. check cpf market for lights as well.

He can check out both if he wants, but if the point of people posting in this section would just be to tell them to go to cpf, then why does this section exist? or the laser section on cpf for that matter...

Think about it.

ferd19

He can check out both if he wants, but if the point of people posting in this section would just be to tell them to go to cpf, then why does this section exist? or the laser section on cpf for that matter...

Think about it.

true true, didn't mean to make it sound like that, just wanted to give out more info. Plus i see the same thing on cpf where people asking about lasers are referred here as well. More knowledge the better!

but they know more there..
so its still a good thing to tell him to go there..
because they are dedicated to this kind of stuff..

So you're telling me that someone with a simple question like "whats a good flashlight for around 45 dollars", is way too intricate for us here at lpf and we need to send him to the specialty forums for flashlights...? Correct? lol

I have $32.90 - Eastward YJ J01 CREE XM-L T6 3-Mode 900-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650) - 18650 Cree Flashlights
I absolutely love it. On high, it pulls about 3A. It does heat up quite fast though so you have to keep it on low for long run times. Either way it is very bright. It feels very high quality, not just for DX but high quality in general. It throws very well but has some flood so it can be used as a normal flashlight. I would definitely recommend it. The only thing is, different batteries have different current drawn from them. I tested it with my green O-like, sanyo 2600mAh, and GTL 18650s. The ones that work best are the green o-like one and GTL's. The GTL's have very low internal resistance but extremely short run times. They have very very very low capacity. It doesn't work on high with protected 18650s because it pulls too much current. I would buy a couple of o-like's green 18650s or 4+ GTL "3000mAh" batteries as they seem to work best.
From what you want; somewhat well collimated and very bright; this is perfect. I have had mine for months and have used it pretty much everyday. It works perfectly.

Damn...adding that to my wishlist haha.

Check out some of the pictures I've uploaded of it to Photobucket. The link is in my signature. I have been pretty busy but I'd like to get some distance shots of it in action uploaded sometime soon.

I don't know about those batteries but I personally have not come across any protected ones that work (on high) in this light.

Last edited:
Well, bigworm, that is 2 people that have recommended that same light:

$32.90 - Eastward YJ J01 CREE XM-L T6 3-Mode 900-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650) - 18650 Cree Flashlights

And I added it to my wishlist for when I can buy more dx stuff. An xm-l thrower for 32.90 is an awesome deal, as pyro and david have said.

42.62 for the flashlight and 2 of those 18650s that will handle the current. Very much your price range. Not sure if you need a charger though.

Edit: Just noticed you were from Michigan too haha.

Last edited: