Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Whats the best i can get between 60-95$

Well. just changed it... i really just want a red or green laser that can burn stuff. probably between 300-700mw any color tho.. it doesnt matter to me, besides yellow.. :)

Last edited:

anselm

In that price range? Forget it....
Only way to have a 445nm laser for that cheap is in the 2nd link in my signature,
but it's not a torch/flashlight.

Is this your first laser ??? If so I would recommend building a PHR 405. Starting with a 445 isn't a good idea, most people build a couple red builds or PHR before they progress to a 445. Also do you have safety glasses ??? these are a must !!!

If you rely feel you must have a 445 you can just about do it. The cheapest host with H/Sink you can get on here is for about $15, $23 for a driver, $45 for a LD $15 for batt and charger + whatever shipping costs. All in all it should cost around $110

I'd go with a red as a starting build, rather than a PHR. They're far less apt to just die for sudden reasons while you're soldering or something, and they can use lower voltage, etc. which makes them easier to hook up to batteries and stuff.

And yes, goggles! Cost a lot less than your priceless vision!

rhd

I'm sure I'll get chewed apart for this suggestion... BUT -

If you're just dying for the most impressive laser under $95, you could probably take:

Blue Hotlights kit: $15
445nm Blue Diode: $45
Aixis Module w/ glass lens: $15
3x AAA Batteries: $5
Low-end safety glasses: $10

For about $90, I think you could build a driver-less 445nm Hotlight that would "work", at least for a little while. Toss a capacitor in there to filter the battery output, and I think you would be safe. I don't think 3xAAA batteries in series would peak above the current that diode could handle, so I think your diode would be safe for a little while.

It's not an idea setup, but you DID ASK for the best between $60 and $95, and truthfully, I think this is the coolest setup that could be had for that money.

But be aware, those cheap glasses aren't going to protect you from much more than a quick < 1 second reflection.

One final note - I started with a 445nm, and it was great. Don't be scared away by the difficulty, I don't think it's any more of a difficult build than anything else I've tried since. But it IS reasonable to be scared off by the power. These diodes WILL BLIND YOU INSTANTLY. That is absolutely NOT an exaggeration. It's hard to appreciate this reality until you've used a 445nm diode in-person. Don't underestimate the danger here.

you can get a driver for $27 pre set, not that much extra rely, that way the LD will be safe
w/out running the risk of blowing $45 on the LD :)

I have to second everything that RHD has said just now:

SAFETY is an absolute must when it comes to the 445's. They're *EXTREMELY* powerful and every single precaution should be taken to ensure safety. Even an accidental flash off of a window that is nearby can cause damage. *Not to mention the person on the other side of the window* Which is why you should work in a windowless room or at least have all blinds/curtains down/drawn, etc.

It only takes <1 second to make a very permanent mistake.