Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What the heck?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

The seller showing how to pot mod their lasers?

And how comes he says "turn until it makes no light, then turn it back until it appears again"? It makes no sense!

Yours,
Albert

i saw this video long time ago.but still LOL why not sell them as 100mW for more money?:crackup:a mamber here bought one and he succesfully mod it.

EDIT:
Hi guys

I got this laser off of ebay for something to do and it looks just like the one on o-likes website? anyway got a guess as to were it may come from

Violet Blue Purple LASER POINTER 405nm 5mW Blu-Ray - eBay (item 220465463552 end time Aug-17-09 21:30:05 PDT)

he also has a website at Neo Lasers

Thanks for any help. Oh and yes I pot modded it and yes worked like in the video he has

Last edited:

daguin

The seller showing how to pot mod their lasers?
And how comes he says "turn until it makes no light, then turn it back until it appears again"? It makes no sense!
Yours,
Albert

The pot on these has no "stop." You turn it one way the power will go up until it goes past the maximum and then it goes back to the beginning (minimum). So you turn it up until it goes dim (the minimum) and then turn it back so that it is at the maximum of the pot.

Hopefully the diode doesn't blow at maximum

Peace,
dave

D

Deleted member 8382

Ah lol, I thought in some way it was the circuit maximum current, doesn't matter.

So, at the maximum of the pot...? Wouldn't it be easier to just bridge it?

aXit

So, at the maximum of the pot...? Wouldn't it be easier to just bridge it?

Well yes, but they avoided using any kind of soldering anywhere else in the video.

Also, soldering is a little more permanent, and the risk of damage is higher for the majority of people.

lmao... doesn't 100mw light matches without the use of a magnifying glass? The only reason I can think as to why they would need it is to get a tighter beam...but tha just shows its a bodge laser... :whistle:

D

Deleted member 8382

lmao... doesn't 100mw light matches without the use of a magnifying glass? The only reason I can think as to why they would need it is to get a tighter beam...but tha just shows its a bodge laser... :whistle:
Not really, my phr won't light a match unless you focus it to a pintpoint xD

D

Deleted member 8382

It's a pointer, it can't have focusable lens. have you ever seen a pointer pen with focusable lens? Can't get your point. Igniting matches with pointers always imply using magnifying glasses!

D

Deleted member 8382

it's a green one, I meant blu ray. Remember that blu ray doesn't like matches, especially the brown headed ones like the ones in that video.

True.. but green laser has good optics which keeps the beam nice and tight... Same as blu-ray pointers.. but they don't have the same effect as the DPSS green, but no matter what, with the best optics or Chinese standard optics, 100mw will light match. 35mw is a minimum to start burning, 100mw will light match!