Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What Should I Do With 5mW 650nm Diodes?

I bought 10 of these to practice soldering leads to diodes.

5mw 650nm laser diode 5 pack, AixiZ

What should I do with them after I'm finished? I'm going to mount them in the standard Aixiz modules. But how to power them? What host? What driver? What are the possibilities for these when I am finished soldering them up?

Thanks for any tips and advice.

Glenn

I bought 10 of these to practice soldering leads to diodes.

5mw 650nm laser diode 5 pack, AixiZ

What should I do with them after I'm finished? I'm going to mount them in the standard Aixiz modules. But how to power them? What host? What driver? What are the possibilities for these when I am finished soldering them up?

Thanks for any tips and advice.

Glenn

Maybe make some cheap pen hosts? Or build some LM317 drivers and make them in project boxes, or make cheap red spirographs (might be dim with 5mW of 650 though :? ) tons of possibilities! You could also knife edge all 10 and get ~45mW of red xD

Thank you sir, for your service to our country.

Glenn

Maybe make some cheap pen hosts? Or build some LM317 drivers and make them in project boxes, or make cheap red spirographs (might be dim with 5mW of 650 though :? ) tons of possibilities! You could also knife edge all 10 and get ~45mW of red xD

Blord

I wouldn't put them in a host. That a waste of the material. :D
If you want to make a red laser better use a LPC-815/826 diode.

You can try uncan the diode or remove the diode from Aizix module. You need that much more. :D

I wouldn't put them in a host. That a waste of the material. :D
If you want to make a red laser better use a LPC-815/826 diode.

You can try uncan the diode or remove the diode from Aizix module. You need that much more. :D

They make good cat lasers. Cats love em and it won't burn their retinas out like a 250mW red...

duck tape and a cat's tail = fun

BTW what a waste of money and even time to ask this pffffffffff

you could get the same SHIT @ DX for almost the same price and money

later dude

Last edited:
Hey sometimes you gotta learn for learning's sake.

I'd suggest maybe making some spotlights out of the bare diodes. Totally uncollimated, obviously. Hook them up to a sounds to light display! They're easy to make! Just get a TIP31 and look up a schematic. Project the sound -> light onto a way or something and people would be intrigued.

hmm... as bloompyle suggested, the LM317 drivers should be easy and cheap to make to power them.

As for use, got any electronics projects? These low power beams could be used for normal beam-trip applications.

Or attach them to your guns (toy or real) to make them look more cool.

Low power lasers are also very safe to be made into small laser shows, just that your type of effects will be limited without much smoke.

nixon5

oh oh i know !!! get an arduino board and make all of them light up in sequence one by one