Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What random talents do you have?

rkcstr

I like me some Guitar Hero and Rock Band :) Can't stand playing songs like TTFAF, though. I like playing songs I would actually listen to rather than ones just meant for showing off.

I'm good with computers, electronics and most things related.

I used to do a lot of photography, but my not as much the past few years because I haven't had much time and my camera needs fixed.

Snow skiing is another thing I like to do, although not so much in the past 4 years because I moved to Ohio, the land of flatness. I have been doing since I was about 5, which is about 20 years ago now.

I'm also a medical student, so I guess you could say I'm talented at studying :)

I excel at everything I put my mind on.

PS: Is it "on"? IDK if it goes with "to", damn prepositions... need to study harder...

getting yelled at by my boss-and come to think of it my wife too  ;D

rebuild
automatic transmissions
standars transmissions
and most transfer cases
rear ends
heads mains crankshaft
motorcycle engines carbs
grease monkey in other words

If anyone wants to learn how to solve a Rubik's cube, I would highly recommend these tutorial videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQIoPyfQzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW_BBp3FPMQ

That's where I learned how to solve one properly, though the first few times I did it without any help, though it took me weeks. From there the other sizes kinda follow the same patterns, though they do take longer and I am by no means very good. I can do the 2x2 in about 30 seconds, 3x3 takes about 1:15, 4x4 takes 10 minutes, 5x5 takes half an hour and the 6x6 takes me about an hour.

Guitar Hero I guess... have managed to beat through the fire and flames three times now, and failed a fourth time at 99% ;D

Other than that... Well, I play trombone and is quite good at it, if I may say so myself. However, because of my dental braces it sounds like crap right now and my lip stamina is also crap, but I will get rid of them in two weeks  ;D

Also, I play guitar, nothing breathtakingly impressive though.

and I also playz teh nose flute >_>

EDIT: weird, it changed "t eh" to "the"... Guess it's some spelling check kicking in or something

diachi

Snytbaggen said:
Guitar Hero I guess... have managed to beat through the fire and flames three times now, and failed a fourth time at 99% ;D

Other than that... Well, I play trombone and is quite good at it, if I may say so myself. However, because of my dental braces it sounds like crap right now and my lip stamina is also crap, but I will get rid of them in two weeks ;D

EDIT: weird, it changed "t eh" to "the"... Guess it's some spelling check kicking in or something

My friend plays trombone, he said I should learn ;D

I play Guitar, bass, Vibraphone, Double bass, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Drums, Mandolin, Piano, Keyboard. My other talents are for maths, physics, chemistry, computing, and English when I can actually be bothered. I used to be really good at technical drawing, but I've not done it for over a year. :)

-Adam

rocketparrotlet said:
[quote author=el-taco link=1226373485/0#12 date=1226384144]I have no natural talents

I work hard for the only thing Im good at, and thats being smart.

I guess its a talent of mine to manage an honours class and extension classes and still chill with the "cool group" in highschool, and go to movies every friday night.

Lasers AND cool?

Whoa...

-Mark[/quote]
Who says you can't be cool and like lasers? ;D Other people don't need to know that you have geeky hobbies, and if they don't know they won't make a bad assumtion that you are a nerd. ::) I don't really bring out the geeky side of me to someone until I am friends with them. ;D

Edit: bad wording

I hear you, I used to play trombone as well and I got braces. It sucked. It felt great though when I got them off.

My talents also include:
Rubiks Cube
Singing (classical, opera, jazz)
Motorcycle driving
Fine dining waiter
Pulling chicks
building gadgets
rolling joints
bartending
snake handling
Fishing/crabbing
Bench press over 225 lbs
juggle
drive a stick
service motorcycles
weld

Diachi said:
[quote author=Snytbaggen link=1226373485/20#20 date=1226422534]Guitar Hero I guess... have managed to beat through the fire and flames three times now, and failed a fourth time at 99% ;D

Other than that... Well, I play trombone and is quite good at it, if I may say so myself. However, because of my dental braces it sounds like crap right now and my lip stamina is also crap, but I will get rid of them in two weeks  ;D

My friend plays trombone, he said I should learn  ;D

I play Guitar, bass, Vibraphone, Double bass, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Drums, Mandolin, Piano, Keyboard. My other talents are for maths, physics, chemistry, computing, and English when I can actually be bothered. I used to be really good at technical drawing, but I've not done it for over a year.  :)

-Adam

[/quote]
Whoa! That's a lot of instruments! o_O

yobresal said:
I hear you, I used to play trombone as well and I got braces. It sucked. It felt great though when I got them off.
That's good to hear. In two weeks I'll be there, after one years wait  :D

Snytbaggen said:
Change that to four times through the fire and flames  :D (see what I did there?)

diachi

Snytbaggen said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1226373485/20#21 date=1226425525][quote author=Snytbaggen link=1226373485/20#20 date=1226422534]Guitar Hero I guess... have managed to beat through the fire and flames three times now, and failed a fourth time at 99% ;D

Other than that... Well, I play trombone and is quite good at it, if I may say so myself. However, because of my dental braces it sounds like crap right now and my lip stamina is also crap, but I will get rid of them in two weeks ;D

My friend plays trombone, he said I should learn ;D

I play Guitar, bass, Vibraphone, Double bass, Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Drums, Mandolin, Piano, Keyboard. My other talents are for maths, physics, chemistry, computing, and English when I can actually be bothered. I used to be really good at technical drawing, but I've not done it for over a year. :)

-Adam

Whoa! That's a lot of instruments! o_O

[/quote]

Ohh yeah timpani as well, forgot that one ... I think thats all of them ;D