Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what parts should i use to burn match and pop balloons ?

streak

hello guys!
Actually i new to laser last time i made a laser but it lasted for 5 mins only. This time i am trying to make a laser that can pop ballon r burn matches , But i am totally blank what should i use . Can you guys recommend which diode , housing ( capable of making a straight beams ) and driver to power the diode .
I want to buy 6 of each for backup purposes. And thinking of budget about 65 USD . Can any of you please help.

Last edited:

Re: what parts should i use to burn math and pop balloons ?

did you use a driver for your laser?

i hope you didn't do a Kipkay mod where you direct drive the diode like a led?

streak

yes i did the kipkay version only then i came to know that i made a big mistake doing so.

streak

can anyone help me please. I only have 1 or 2 days left for the research part and after that i will be off schedule .

If you're looking to build something simple, go to user DTR's laser shop. He sells plain diodes, diodes with drivers attached, diodes with drivers attached in a module and set in heatsink, or all the parts separately.

just buy the bdr 209 combo from DTR and get a host combo from survival laser.

did you use a driver for your laser?

i hope you didn't do a Kipkay mod where you direct drive the diode like a led?

Omg when i saw that I was like wtf is doing with no driver!? Lol

OVNI

In your title, did you mean meth instead of math as in trimethyl borate in methanol solution that StyroPyro uses in his videos to get a green flame (it's his 'whoa' at the end that gets me every time)?

If it's the other meth, well then all I can say is ...

VD61S7Fm.jpg

:na:

streak

Actually e-bay is much cheaper option for me and i have few 400mw and 1 500 mw with me already i just need appropriate drivers and housing.

Last edited:

In your title, did you mean meth instead of math as in trimethyl borate in methanol solution that StyroPyro uses in his videos to get a green flame (it's his 'whoa' at the end that gets me every time)?

If it's the other meth, well then all I can say is ...

VD61S7Fm.jpg

:na:

Don't know about these young people now days running around poping stuff and burning math, don't they know that stuff will make your teeth fall out?!!

streak

actually that is match ( i corrected it ) . i made that mistake in hurry .:angel::angel:

OVNI

actually that is match ( i corrected it ) . i made that mistake in hurry .:angel::angel:

I would not have guessed that :thinking:. And now that I see it, it is the obvious choice (well except for a snarky response :na:). Hindsight 20/20 or better yet, good thing I wasn't a detective :whistle:.