Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What operating system does your phone run on?

What OS does your phone run on?

• Android

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • iOS

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Symbian

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Windows

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Finally able to participate in this one.

Just yesterday finally bought myself a phone, replacing my 7 year old SE M600i with Sony Xperia S, running stock Android 4.0.4 (ICS) at the moment, but planning an upgrade to 4.1.2 JB (CyanogenMod 10 based custom ROM) when I get through all the stuff on this one.

Dat screen resolution, people.

Met and exceeded all my expectations set in my older thread where I was looking for a phone.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I have an HTC Desire original with Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0.1. Not sure if there will ever be a further upgrade for the HTC Desire. Probably soon will be time to get a new phone. :D

Heads up for Android users,

On XDA there's a series of custom ROMs made by user Avatar, simply called Avatar ROMs.
Here's the Xperia S version:
[ROM][JB] [4.1.2] Avatar ROM for Sony Xperia S (nozomi) - Updated [Feb 10, 2013] - xda-developers

I flashed that one on my friends Xperia and it's awesome, no bugs what so ever (few days of heavy usage by now), runs really fast, battery life excellent.

Since we're on subject, can we/do we already have a thread for Android users to share stuff like this?

wheedy

This past October I made the move from Verizon to Sprint (crazy, right??) going from a SGS3 to a Motorola Photon Q. Before the SGS3, I had a Droid 3, and before that, a Droid Incredible. Before the DInc I went through at least 5 EnV 2's, and before that, I had the OG Motorola RAZR.

While I gave up soooooo much ability to ROM the hell out of my phone with the Q, I have a physical QWERTY keyboard (huge bonus for me). Downside though, the battery on this thing blows. It lasts around 5-6 hours of my typical usage, which is a good deal of texting, some light browsing + Tapatalk app, and syncing 4 emails + Facebook messenger.

Currently looking to lose the Q and pick up an HTC One when they become available on Sprint.

Android. I have an LG Optimus with Virgin Mobile, had it about a year and like it very much. I think iOS is OK too, I have an iPad but I would never get an iPhone, I'll stick with Android for my phone unless something better comes along later.

norbyx

Iphone 4S, still in the contract so cant upgrade to the 5 (and really don't care), maybe when they make a "real" new iphone I shall upgrade

My tablet nexus 7 3g and phones huawei u8120 and samsung galaxy ace plus are running on android os

I have an android it's a Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.2.2 eats iphones for breakfast even if full

Running on the ol 4.129 for now Sprint should be rolling out an update for 4.2.2 any time now... Had a look at the nokia 928 a day ago and must say that it is a very sweet phone indeed.

Running on the ol 4.129 for now Sprint should be rolling out an update for 4.2.2 any time now... Had a look at the nokia 928 a day ago and must say that it is a very sweet phone indeed.
Agree i do like the look of the Nokia 928