Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What my local University is working on

thats a pretty sweet sign

DANGER
LASER IN USE
do not enter
knock and wait for instructions

class 4 laser project

I'm working at my university at the laser physics department, I measure the spatial chirp and wavefront tilt of a femtosecond Ti:Sapphire laser. So I actually understand much of the links :)
Just ask for an informal lab tour, I know that at my university they would do it without a problem.

I'm glad you understand some of what those links said. LOL.

I actually did contact one of the professors in that department. Long story short, once I make my DIY laser, I can bring it into them and they'll measure the wavelength and power output.

:yh:

HOLLY CRAP! 10,000 W/cm^2 :drool:

Thanks for the links! I found them interesting! -Adrian

10,000 W/cm^2 is not much, it's actually quite low. focussing a 1 watt laser to 0.1mm^1 is already 10,000W/cm^2.
You forgot a factor 1 trillion, they talk about 10^17 W/cm2 to 10^19 W/cm2, that's 100,000,000,000,000,000 to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 W/cm^2. Slight difference :D

I'd say, build your DIY laser! it's very nice that they will provide those measurement capabilities. Some of us have power meters, but optical spectum analyzers are not that common. Have fun and show them some nice stuff ;)

Thanks for the links! I found them interesting! -Adrian
You're welcome. So did I, and i'm not even sure what they were talking about! LOL.

I'd say, build your DIY laser! it's very nice that they will provide those measurement capabilities. Some of us have power meters, but optical spectum analyzers are not that common. Have fun and show them some nice stuff ;)
I'll certainly try!

I think it's cool that they're willing to provide this "public service" free of charge, just for the asking. I can't wait until I complete my build!!