Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

What music does LPF listen to?

What music do you listen to

• Rock

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Rap

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Country

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Dubstep / techno / rave

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • metal

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • hip hop

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Other

Votes: 53 35.1%

• Total voters

YsoqYTZ.gif

That Smothers Brothers show, I have to admit that I remember seeing that one. Jees! where has all the time gone?

Alan

Thanks for the Jim Croce reference. I get it. My best friend back then was a big Croce fan. Yuk, yuk.

Do any of you who lived through the Cold War when we lived in fear of nuclear war remember Nena 99 Red Balloons?

And the German version 99 Luftballons:

And the remake many years later:

Alan

We sure do have a lot of the same tastes in music. Haven't heard the remake (nice rendition) but know well the other two.

I doubt I can +rep but will try.

EDIT: Nope on the +rep ...

Last edited:
Here's one of my old favorites from 1982 just for you OVNI.:crackup:

Alan

Spot on there. Not just listening to Walking in L.A. but listening while actually walking in L.A. I also listened to Destination Unknown a lot when they came out. I like songs about destiny. Movies too. I suppose that's also partly why the interest in aliens. And of course their melodies had a beat that in addition to the radio it played in all the dance clubs. When we boys turning men were out looking to mate, mate. :whistle:

Here is one that I just found that I haven't heard in a very long time, this is so old I doubt many here have heard it but it was a very big hit at the time, 1974 I think.

Alan

Oh yeah I remember this one, and now I realized he capitalized on Bruce Lee's movie years but I will say that video pretty silly:whistle:

I listen to -

Along with the bands > I-Exist , Oceans divide , Daybreak embrace , Broken iris , Seether , A day to remember , Ready Set fall , This city falls , Hurt , The Fire & Fury , Close to home , Starset , downplay , Art of dying , Blue stahli , Celldweller , The chaos agent , cinema sleep , throw the fight , digital summer , From ashes to new , Get scared , No such thing , Nothing more , Papa roach , Plan three , The product , Rains , Ra , Static cycle , written by wolves

Plus more .

Last edited:
Oh yeah I remember this one, and now I realized he capitalized on Bruce Lee's movie years but I will say that video pretty silly:whistle:

Not just Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris was in his second movie in 1974, although I don't think he became hugely famous until "Good Guys Wear Black" in 1978. The Vietnam War was at its peak and ended the following year, for years I was worried I would be drafted and sent to Vietnam. And you can't forget the great TV series Kung Fu with David Carradine 1972-1975. Martial arts were a big thing at the time. Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting.:crackup::fightin::knight::gun:

I am getting off topic so I'll stop here, all this is history that one day no one will remember.

Alan

Back