Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What lights do you have?

I've looked on DX-they have a couple XP-Gs, but no neutral white R4s. Digikey has a bunch, but they're not mounted.

Features
- LED: Cree CW R2
- 4 modes
- Max: 220lm 2.5 hours
- Med: 40lm 30 hours
- Low: 8lm 28 days
- SOS
- Battery
- One 18650 rechargeable Li battery with range from 3.7V to 4.2V
- Reverse polarity accepted circuit
- Electrically conductive aluminum body provides inherent EMI/RFI shielding
- SCHOTT ultra clear lens with anti-reflection coatings on both sides
- Polarity reversibility
- IPX8 waterproof
- Weight
- with battery:50g
- with battery and headband:150g
- Dimension
- Length:78mm
- Width:52mm

I don't know a lot about the engineering involved in flashlights, but just curious - is it really necessary to have an AR coating on the outside of the lens? I don't see how it could do any good.

I don't know a lot about the engineering involved in flashlights, but just curious - is it really necessary to have an AR coating on the outside of the lens? I don't see how it could do any good.

I asked myself this as well-I think it's just a marketing move. It's probably cheaper just to coat both sides, because think about how complex it would be to isolate one side and only coat that side in the coating atomization chamber. However, my 4Sevens quark AA^2 has a sapphire coating on the outside to prevent scratches, and I think it actually works pretty well.

I asked myself this as well-I think it's just a marketing move. It's probably cheaper just to coat both sides, because think about how complex it would be to isolate one side and only coat that side in the coating atomization chamber. However, my 4Sevens quark AA^2 has a sapphire coating on the outside to prevent scratches, and I think it actually works pretty well.

That's also why I was wondering; I knew that the Raidfire Spear used a toughened coating on the outside and AR on the inside. Have you tried scratching the lens up?

That's also why I was wondering; I knew that the Raidfire Spear used a toughened coating on the outside and AR on the inside. Have you tried scratching the lens up?

While I haven't purposefully scratched it yet, I do know that for the amount of use this light has gotten it has a lot fewer lens scratches than my fenix did (in fact it has no scratches at all). The LD20 had only AR and no sapphire coating.

While I haven't purposefully scratched it yet, I do know that for the amount of use this light has gotten it has a lot fewer lens scratches than my fenix did (in fact it has no scratches at all). The LD20 had only AR and no sapphire coating.

That's cool, though none of my lenses are scratched up even without a coating. I guess I just haven't taken them into any rough situations yet... One thing that's annoying about this is that you have to make sure you don't flip the lens when taking apart the light, and there's no obvious way of knowing if you got it wrong.

That's cool, though none of my lenses are scratched up even without a coating. I guess I just haven't taken them into any rough situations yet... One thing that's annoying about this is that you have to make sure you don't flip the lens when taking apart the light, and there's no obvious way of knowing if you got it wrong.

Yep, I was thinking about that. I'll have to be careful if I take the lens out of any of my nicer lights.

I've just ordered a TrustFire P7-F15 and a thrunite catapult v2. These will be my first high power led flashlights.

the V2 uses an SST-50 with the highest luminous flux bin. The Emitter is rated at over 1000 lumens.

erns

Got my ST6-220CW Headlamp today!

ST6220CW001.jpg

ST6220CW002.jpg

USB Charger

ST6220CW010.jpg

ST6220CW017.jpg

ST6220CW004.jpg

ST6-220CW @ 96"

ST6220CW014.jpg

ST6-220CW @ 32' (High)

ST6220CW011.jpg

The build quality is excellent.

Uses a XPE. The beam tint is white, no blue noted.