Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what lazer for less than 100?

So what about the lasers in clubs? I am sure some of them are in the 1000's of mw range, are they all filtered?
I know some US clubs dont shine lasers in the club goers faces but I remember Brazil has super powerfull lasers shining directly into the crowd!
I never felt diminished eyesight.

Now your getting into a discussion on scan rates and MPE's. It boils down to the fact that the power that hits you is a lot lower due to the fact the beam is scanning REALLY fast, meaning it's moving and the power density of the beam is going to less averaged over time. Pretty much the same as dealing with a pulsed laser. You'll probably notice that it's never singular non moving points being directed at the audience. Always lines or circles or some other scanned effect.

And actually, NO club or any other place in the US can legally do audience scanning. Technically they can, but the MPE is so low in the US there is zero point in even doing the paperwork to get a variance to do it. The powers the show would be limited too means it'd have zero visual appeal. It'd be the same as trying to do it with 1mw lasers to get the FDA to sign off on a variance.

Last edited:
65mw of green 23.00 wlaser!!!!!!!!! much much brighter beam.. read company threads,review threads for good info. on next laser...

You shouldn't really tell people what they should do. Maybe he doesn't have enough money to buy 5 lasers at 5mw 25mw 50 mw 75 mw 100 mw. Like me, I don't have endless money and I wanted ONE good laser so I got the optotronics 150mw and I loved it.

It is good to advise people on what to get and make them aware of the dangers but it is their choice.

@Liquid
Saying just that is pretty lame. He is asking for advice. Old threads might have mispriced lasers, bad links no longer made lasers, etc. Also, its hard to search for "Advice on a 100$ laser" lol

Hey, cool down. I'm not telling him what to do at all. I'm giving the advise, that IN MY OPINION (as this was stated in my post) he should start with a lowered powered laser because I think that is the safest approach. If he doesn't agree, that's fine.

As a matter of fact, my post did EXACTLY what you say should be done. I advised him on what to get, and made him aware of the dangers, and you're right - it's his choice.

And it would be easy to search for good laser companies that are cheap, at which point he would come up with O-Like and Rayfoss quickly, and could browse their stores accordingly.

Rafa

Well, I alway put some black cardboard with white paper on the outside in one of my eyes when I use my lower powered lasers (no need for goggle to look at the spot but direct hit burns retina, 20-50mW more or less), so if a reflection hits my face at least I'll save one of my eyes. Just in case....

Ash

Well, I alway put some black cardboard with white paper on the outside in one of my eyes when I use my lower powered lasers (no need for goggle to look at the spot but direct hit burns retina, 20-50mW more or less), so if a reflection hits my face at least I'll save one of my eyes. Just in case....
:crackup::crackup::undecided: :yabbem:
1042899-eye_patch_smiley_tiny.jpg

alglez

lmfao!!!!

oic0

I bought a lil 12 dollar green pen not long ago from a forum member. VERY visible at night and can pop black ballons, melt trash bag, and go through electrical tape if given enough time.
I would suggest you do the same but they are variable, I bought two and one can not pop balloons etc.., though it is still very visible at night. Hard to tell a difference between the beams.