Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What kind of rechargeable AAA for lasers?

D

Deleted member 8382

just as all ni-mhs. Also, I don't believe in magics. 800mah are 800mah. If eneloops are good is just because they have higher capacity or because normal brands aren't on spec. What I mean is that they are just normal ni-mhs, if you test them to be 800mah, then they will last as long as any other 800mah battery. In fact, Capacity = Current · Time

DJNY

just as all ni-mhs. Also, I don't believe in magics. 800mah are 800mah. If eneloops are good is just because they have higher capacity or because normal brands aren't on spec. What I mean is that they are just normal ni-mhs, if you test them to be 800mah, then they will last as long as any other 800mah battery. In fact, Capacity = Current · Time

Thank you for the info!!

Maybe you can help me: Is my charger able to fully load my batteries or do I have to buy a new one?

Attachments

• 100_5749.JPG
    100_5749.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 131
I use Eneloops in my green pointers (Led Shoppe 50/DX 5), they charge to ~ 1.4v....The thing that I like about them is, they hold thier charge while in storage.

Thank you for the info!!

Maybe you can help me: Is my charger able to fully load my batteries or do I have to buy a new one?

That will definitely work, but if that's the actual charging current (1050mA & 525mA for AA and 640mA for AAA) you will get a faster charging time, but your batteries probably will not retain their full capacity for as long compared to a lower charging current. That being said, the currents don't seem too ridiculous as long as you charge 4 batteries at a time .

Last edited:

mfo

You people worry too much. Just buy a two pair's of Energizer's off of ebay for 5 bucks like I did & get a rapid charger. Problem solved.

You people worry too much. Just buy a two pair's of Energizer's off of ebay for 5 bucks like I did & get a rapid charger. Problem solved.
Lol yeah they are just batteries I suppose, all of them are really cheap compared to the lasers themselves.

Worth nothing though, I'm currently using the 850mAh energizers in my 50mW greenie, and they always charge to around 920mAh.

BKarim

i think all branded batteries will be about the same...
i don't think eneloops are better than other. there are many good low self-discharge NiMH at 800mAH.
quick self-discharge can be rated at 1100 mAH (dont know if it's true)

i use the lacrosse charger too. it's a smart charger that use 4 independant charging circuits and stops charging individually at just the good charge.
overcharge (and overdischarge) is very bad, it will shorten your batteries life (i have verified that with a cheap charger)
low charging current is better too.

DJNY i don't know if your charger is a "smart" charger (probably not since most chargers are cheap simple stupid chargers). search it on google

Last edited:
After reading this thread and doing some research this evening, I decided to buy 12 AAA eneloops and a La Crosse BC-700 charger. Anxious to see improvements with this investment over my currently used rechargeabes

Last edited:
I've done a little searching but was open to recommendations. a lot of people seem to prefer the sanyo rechargeable but they are a little pricey. are there any others that someone can recommend?
thanks!

I would prefer Li-ion rechargable CR123 because they last longer from a single charge and Li-ion Lasts a long time. I have been using the same pair of batteries for over 1 year!. You will find it at frys. I remember the brand is like Ultralast or something like that

DJNY

I would prefer Li-ion rechargable CR123 because they last longer from a single charge and Li-ion Lasts a long time. I have been using the same pair of batteries for over 1 year!. You will find it at frys. I remember the brand is like Ultralast or something like that

Reread the topic! ;)