Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What kind of laser person are you?

What kind of laser person are you?

• Total voters
Advanced. While I think my extensive knowledge is a bit excessive for Advanced, it's not where I would be comfortably stating Expert. I think Bloom, UK, and a few others are in similar positions. The higher tiers are a bit vague for this poll since no one knows EVERYTHING about ALL lasers. Well, except for Dr Sam. I think he'd fit in fine there.

Advanced

Yeah I think this about sums it up for my thoughts as well. I think Dr. Sam and Steve are about the only people I can think of that belong in the expert category.

Last edited:

Too much to know about lasers for me to be more than a beginner but some think me an expert in RF or radio frequency. However, I always point out if you call anyone an expert, I can find someone who knows more, with rare exception.

Now wait a minute - that's why we have tiers! Give me the hard questions. Send the "can I pot mod this?" garbage to greenlander ;)

Put as intermediate ,would be great if could get together with other laser ppl in my city and learn bit more but believe theirs only one other in my city adelaide south australia

I personally don't like the category splits :(

In some aspects I'm a Beginner, in other Advanced, some intermediate.

And I own a ton of stuff to experiment with and on including a couple LPM's.

I refuse to answer…. (As if it matters) :)

Too many areas to learn and be an expert at for any one person.

I doubt most guys that are experts on diodes are experts on Ion lasers or projectors or HeNe or Holography or driver construction or theory.

I just finished talking to someone who runs a business locally that casually asked if I'd be more interested in doing this - than just as a hobby.

I'm not, but reason for saying this is they grow the crystals and polish and make their own emitter chips from the ground up. That level of experience in creating lasers FROM SCRATCH - usually precludes a similar level of experience in other aspects of the field, IMHO.

Last edited:
I'm not even in the "can I pot mod this?" stage. Maybe I'll just take the "which laser is brightest?" questions :crackup:. I need a category right under beginner.

I personally don't like the category splits :(

In some aspects I'm a Beginner, in other Advanced, some intermediate.

And I own a ton of stuff to experiment with and on including a couple LPM's.

I refuse to answer…. (As if it matters) :)

Too many areas to learn and be an expert at for any one person.

I doubt most guys that are experts on diodes are experts on Ion lasers or projectors or HeNe or Holography or driver construction or theory.

I just finished talking to someone who runs a business locally that casually asked if I'd be more interested in doing this - than just as a hobby.

I'm not, but reason for saying this is they grow the crystals and polish and make their own emitter chips from the ground up. That level of experience in creating lasers FROM SCRATCH - usually precludes a similar level of experience in other aspects of the field, IMHO.

I have to kind of agree with this... It's really as a matter of opinion to some extent, and A lot of areas where this can be viewed differently