Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is your favorite build on the forum?

Lets be honest, there are many builds new and senior members post threads of weekly if not daily. I for one can say I am blown away by the skill on this forum and how creative some of you are.

In your opinion which is your favorite(s)? This includes gas, portable, Handhelds anything recent and old.
This can include your own if you like.

Ill go first with this 20mW 488 CNI PGI iii by lazeerer. The incorporation of the led is fantastic and the relative complexity of the host adds to its uniqueness. Also it's my favorite Wavelength.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/488nm-direct-diode-20mw-cni-pgl-iii-c-custom-build-88160.html

What's yours?!:D

Last edited:

It would have to be Multimodes 1W+ RGB handheld. Followed closely by IsaacT's Adegan relic. There are so many more that I can think of that are worth mentioning, but it would simply take to long to list all of my favourite builds.

I was going to mention IsaacT's lightsaber. That's another build with extreme attention to detail.
I remember seeing The RGB handheld, IIRC it was adjustable.

IsaacT

Multimode's RGB has long been my favorite build on the forum. It is that level of awesome that I wish I could do. I have little confidence in alignments though.

My favorite is still the analog RGB handheld. One laser to rule them all.

DJNY

Anyone care to do a Top50 ALLTIME list?

Guess especially the newer members would be damn interested.

Last edited:
Interesting idea, how could we choose the ranking? Maybe just the best photo and a link to the thread. "50 amazing builds in no particular order" but we could start with the builds listed above.
Also In my opinion "build" could classify as a tesla coil or Similarly impressive projects, that would diversify the post just a little.

I wouldnt mind initiating the thread but it might be prudent for a senior member to roll this out because they would have a broader knowledge of previous projects. It would make a cool sticky.

I love the idea!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
A top 50 list would be great! :)
It might have to be an evolving list, or an expanding list to accommodate future "top" builds as they are created.

I have to agree with DwU, lazeerer's 488nm is at the least, one of the very best builds here at LPF!
Even without using a custom host, his craftsmanship, and attention to detail, make this one a contender.
Powering it with one of sweetest wavelengths available doesn't hurt either!

Last edited: