Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is this ?

Re: Any LPF Members living in Hawaii ???

I recall when Pay N Pac was still around my wife was a purchasing agent for one of the stores and they opened an outlet in Hawaii. This was back in the 1980s and one guy took an assistant managers position there and was paid $50,000/year. He got a one bedroom apartment for ~$2000/month. I knew the guy and he told me it was very expensive to live there.

I recall when Pay N Pac was still around my wife was a purchasing agent for one of the stores and they opened an outlet in Hawaii. This was back in the 1980s and one guy took an assistant managers position there and was paid $50,000/year. He got a one bedroom apartment for ~$2000/month. I knew the guy and he told me it was very expensive to live there.

I would imagine it wouldn't be cheap, as most supplies need to be brought in by plane or ship :beer:

-Alex

We had one.. .. iirc he mailed me two lasers to LPM and graph.
I have kin there but we are not close and I have not visited them (yet)--they love it.
ATM I would wait until the lava stops flowing-- sad for the many people there and their losses.

They have always been volcanic islands. I forget off hand which has been erupting for all of my life, but at least this recent problem is isolated to a single island. I had relatives that went there often and when I was a kid they would send me some great rock and mineral specimens. Got my only sample of red obsidian from Hawaii.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Just weigh up the beauty and danger of living there. Hawaii is undoubtedly a beautiful and unique place to live, but it also has it's dangers. Only today there are reports of multiple injuries from a lava bomb landing on a tour boat. Although the tour boat was literally playing with fire. Volcanoes are a primary danger as they are probably very aware. But secondly, earthquakes and tsunamis are a major cause for concern.
Also as Paul and Alex pointed out, living there can't be cheap. Not trying to put your friends off moving there, but its certainly something they need to consider.

Last edited:

I've heard that flights to Hawaii have dropped
dramatically due to the declining tourists because
of the eruptions.

Jerry

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

I’m not surprised. But eruptions aren’t exactly uncommon there though. The only thing is that it was a bit more serious this time.

What is the item seen at 6:26 in this video ? I am thinking RGB LEDs in a holo viewer ?

Here it is again at 6:07

At 2:04

Last edited:
Yea I'm reading that in the comments too, but I don't want to believe it. Grrrr

Also looks fake, but it could be an illuminated water stream, but that water stream would be under high pressure to have such a flat arc, it looks fake.