Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is going on!?

everytime I try to go to go Sanwu lasers site I keep getting Norton virus warnings that say the site is potentially fake or high risk!? I tried on my laptop and my IPhone and they are both saying the same. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry everyone, disregard this post. I didn't realized it had already been brought up :p

Attachments

• B9A4B9D5-9AA3-48DF-AF01-377F56A523B9.jpeg
    B9A4B9D5-9AA3-48DF-AF01-377F56A523B9.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 31
  • D4E9F3AF-538C-400A-B2D3-71FACE0C2781.jpeg
    D4E9F3AF-538C-400A-B2D3-71FACE0C2781.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

diachi

everytime I try to go to go Sanwu lasers site I keep getting Norton virus warnings that say the site is potentially fake or high risk!? I tried on my laptop and my IPhone and they are both saying the same. Has anyone else had this problem?

Someone else reported the same problem earlier in the week. Just checked, same problem on my end.

They have a problem with their SSL certificate, they need to update it. Would avoid putting any sensitive information into their site until then, it's not secure.

Has anyone talked to them?

Last edited:
Someone else reported the same problem earlier in the week. Just checked, same problem on my end.

They have a problem with their SSL certificate, they need to update it. Would avoid putting any sensitive information into their site until then, it's not secure.

Has anyone talked to them?

haha! that's what I get for not signing on in like 2 weeks, I didn't realize someone had already mentioned this :p thanks for the info though Diachi ;)

diachi

Podo posted in this thread yesterday (post #11), and said the problem should be fixed within 48hrs.

https://laserpointerforums.com/f57/sanwu-link-102966.html

I missed that, thanks! Domain switch will do it!

good good :) we cant afford to lose another company :p

The site is still there, you can bypass the warning ("continue to this website (not recommended)" option in IE/Edge), it's just not a good idea if you're planning on entering any sensitive information to the site. :beer:

Encap

I thought that problem had been resolved. Just tried the link and it is still not working--I get some thing about "we serve cookies" accept or decline and then I get "destination unknown--either the wrong address or the the site is retired.
Whoever Podo hired to do the work of changing the Domain , screwed up and made a mess of it.

badscr

Maybe? Can always place order the old fashion way, call over the phone to order.

Or ignore the ssl and use a disposable pre-paid gift card. Most likely be ok, I’d call first to ask them before ordering.

I had Norton for a couple years, but they became more of a problem for me as they kept removing my Radiant data logging, so I got rid of them. Won't go back now.

I had Norton for a couple years, but they became more of a problem for me as they kept removing my Radiant data logging, so I got rid of them. Won't go back now.

Me too Paul, I used to use Norton back when it was owned by him.
Then he sold it but they kept the name and it became a huge bloated piece of rubbish.
Recently, after reading some positive reviews, I went back to Norton.
It only lasted a few weeks, it kept deleting stuff and giving me false positives.
Don't have time for that, so I've ditched it permanently and went back to my old trusted Eset.

:)

Yeah, they were more of a headache for me than any kind of security. And I forget now how much it cost me, but it was faaar from cheap.

BobMc

Here’s what Podo posted about His site on another thread;

“We are switching our domains, the new SSL should take effect in the next 48 hours.

Sanwu Lasers”

It should be up a running soon. :)

Last edited:
I ordered a couple of drivers from OPT Lasers. They got shipped out last night from mainland China and arrived at my door at 10:00 A.M. today. Freeman didn't charge me for the drivers and only charged me $28.00 for shipping. They came by DHL Express and had a customs pass, so it went right through to me. I understand that at the moment they are out of the 575nm lasers, but they seem to be a great company to me so far. Freeman had told me he is agonizing over not having these laser right now to ship out. I hope they get them back soon and also the higher power ones, which I am very interested in.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I agree, Paul, I also hope they get more in stock soon. I haven't heard from Freeman since last Saturday.
The shipping time on your drivers was fantastic; I once had a laser returned to me by Jetlasers in less than 48hrs, you can't beat DHL for speed.

Thanks, Jeff. I actually placed the heat sink on the driver IC too close to the large electrolytic capacitor and it was heating the cap. So, I tried removing the heat sink, but Arctic Alumina holds as well and any two part epoxy, so I pulled the IC off the board, still stuck to the heat sink. So, I got two new drivers for $28.00 total. I increased the pump diode current considerably on a new driver such that the diode's Vf went from 1.53 volts to 1.61 volts. I need to measure the power next as I think it could be putting out 50 mW now. The driver transistor isn't running as hot as it was before, so it could have a new driver output transistor. Can't tell for sure because the old one has the same thermal adhesive as the IC did.