Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is going on?

Alright good to know what you guys used because my interference fit was way tighter that I expected. I wasn't sure if you had alt methods since not everybody has a vise.

Maybe. It's possible your driver had something going on where it was overpowering the diode, and it may have just gone back to normal. Either way, your output still sounds fine, so I'd recommend keeping it at least until you can find a diode version again.

Okay.

Sorry Rivem for being all stressed out. Like always :(

-Alex

Rivem, I have a question. If I were to make myself a 505 pointer, using this host DIY Laser Pointer Pen Housing/Casing/Host for 12mm Laser Diode Module | eBay which takes 2xAAA's for a total input of 3V's. Would that be enough to power this diode? https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/sharp-505nm-35mw-green-laser-diodes

-Alex

That would not work as these diodes have a high Vf and pull more current to get there with a boost driver. You would need to use a 10400 Li-ion battery to power it, or similar size. Some new 505nm diodes may be coming up that are closer to 502nm than the iterations out there now.

Last edited: