Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

alton

Hi,
Hemingway's The Old Man and The Sea. I have read this so many times, the struggle against the fish is wonderful and fighting off the sharks, his love of baseball and the young boys devotion. What a wonderful story. The story never gets old you enjoy it as if it were the first time you read it.

Hi,
Hemingway's The Old Man and The Sea. I have read this so many times, the struggle against the fish is wonderful and fighting off the sharks, his love of baseball and the young boys devotion. What a wonderful story. The story never gets old you enjoy it as if it were the first time you read it.

Hemingway killed himself near where I live... the elementary school here is named after him.

Will

World War Z: An oral history of the Zombie War, and The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks are both very good.

World War Z: An oral history of the Zombie War, and The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks are both very good.

a world war z movie should be here in the next couple years, I believe a director has been chosen.

Interestingly enough, I was in a conversation about this a few hours ago, and it is going to be a movie, it's but a matter of time now.

When I was a preteen the Xanth series was best I've read.
I liked the Xanth series as well, Bink was one of my fav characters.

Politically Correct: The Ultimate Storybook
Nothing in This Book is True, But it's Exactly the Way Things Are
The Greatest Story Ever Sold
The Mabinogian
The Golden Bough
Mormonism, Momma, and Me
The Other Bible
The Book of the Dead
Steppenwolf
The Fate of Early Childhood Memories
A Razor for a Goat
(ad nauseum -- LOL! I am a voracious reader)

Peace,
dave

I need to finish reading that book. My wife bought it for me about a year ago.
Lately, I have been collecting bibles/religious books to read. I want to get an English version of the Qur'an next.

My favorite books always seem to be old college books that I've accumulated...philosophy/logic being number 1 (never did finish that class).

Currently, I'm finishing the Chemistry of Powder and Explosives :D

Last edited:
@ColdStl
I've only read the first few xanths, I should get more! My friend has a bunch of explosives books I read when I go to his house XD. I also find religious texts interesting, but most western texts and those based off of judaism I find are rather non-poetic and droll. I can't imagine the Qur'an would be much more interesting than the bible or torah, considering they are all basically the same, + or - a few things. But I hope you can find a copy!

will

I am pretty generic as far as books go:

1984 - Orwell
War and Peace - Tolstoy
Crime and Punishment - Dostoevsky
Brave New World - Huxley
We - Zamyatin
Stranger - Camus
Metamorphosis - Kafka
Art of War - Sun-tsu

All the Dirk Pitt novels by Clive Cussler (damn cool books :)).

Also Western Novels:

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (great movie as well)
The Gun of Jesse Hand
Gone to Texas

etc...

Currently, I'm finishing the Chemistry of Powder and Explosives :D

That is a great book, not exactly a good read though... more of an informative instruction manual/cookbook... although I had already known about most of the compounds in there

ZRTMWA

I am pretty generic as far as books go:

Crime and Punishment - Dostoevsky
Brave New World - Huxley
Stranger - Camus
Metamorphosis - Kafka
Art of War - Sun-tsu

All the Dirk Pitt novels by Clive Cussler (damn cool books :)).

I will read/ read (past tense) all of these book in high school, except for Cussler but I love the dirk pitt series anyway!