Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is and what isn't safe?

445 right?

I'm missing out if 1w 405 are around ;)
No not really available,you can overdrive a sjO6 to around 850 mW plus with help of G1or G2 lens there's a List on the forum of what ppl have managed to get out of a 405 nm violet setup but there are a few now deads in the list .So need to be careful .

I'm missing out if 1w 405 are around
talk to lazeerer. He has/ can get some powerful unbranded 405 diodes. here is the quote.
I have been selling them for $48 Pressed in a copper module with leads TESTED To hit at least >900mW with a G lens. Add $15 for a X-Boost with SS for months now
They hit well over 1W when cooled. here is the link to the thread you want post #9

Please don't buy from eBay. Most if not all of green lasers on eBay don't have a IR filter which makes them dangerous and you can buy higher quality lasers which will last you a lot longer by buying from a "trusted company" or just looking around the B/S/T section of LPF.

Goodluck ;)
What's so dangerous about IR? Even in such a small powered laser? I mean it was only 5mw maybe 10 at most. But will keep that in mind next time I browse, thanks! :p

talk to lazeerer. He has/ can get some powerful unbranded 405 diodes. here is the quote. They hit well over 1W when cooled. here is the link to the thread you want post #9
Just thought i'd tell you I love your picture haha.

Last edited:

Tmack

If you want a nice cheap pen to play with eBay is great. Of course a higher power laser should be bought from a better source.

Ir is dangerous because it can't be seen. Low quality 532 have a higher ir percentage due to the lack of filter and inferior manufacturing. If you're careful about your practices you will be fine. Just keep in mind the cheap Chinese lasers can be a higher percentage of ir which can be harmful to your eyes. If you use common sense, and good safety precautions you'll be ok.

Last edited:
What's so dangerous about IR? Even in such a small powered laser? I mean it was only 5mw maybe 10 at most. But will keep that in mind next time I browse, thanks! :p

Just thought i'd tell you I love your picture haha.

Yes as Tmack said. Im sure you already new IR was dangerous but the amount of IR depends on the power of the laser.

i.e:

1W of 532nm takes 10W(or near there) of IR.

5mW of 532nm takes as much as 300mW of IR to produce.