Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

What is a good long range laser pointer that’s not to expensive

User564788

I am new to this forums and I was wondering what is a good long distance laser point.

hakzaw1

In theory --lasers go 'on' forever- they seem to end to our eyes but that is a illusion.
A very powerful laser was bounced off the moon from a mirror left there and detected here. ( however it could not be 'seen')

The 'easiest' to be seen or brightest is the green close to 555nm- like the 532 dpss.
Just what are you aiming at?
I have projected a laser projector on low clouds.

I DO hope that you are not doing something 'wrong' or illegal. You might be seen as a terrorist.

100 people doing nothing wrong with lasers never makes the news,,BUT one fool doing something bad WILL.
that is why in some countries no lasers are allowed--even just 5 mW.
check out LPS.org --use the link in my sig.. I go there OFTEN as new stuff is added daily.
intentionally lasing aircraft in USA is now a Federal Offence!!
stay safe
stay strong
stay home

hak

User564788

In theory --lasers go 'on' forever- they seem to end to our eyes but that is a illusion.
A very powerful laser was bounced off the moon from a mirror left there and detected here. ( however it could not be 'seen')

The 'easiest' to be seen or brightest is the green close to 555nm- like the 532 dpss.
Just what are you aiming at?
I have projected a laser projector on low clouds.

I DO hope that you are not doing something 'wrong' or illegal. You might be seen as a terrorist.

100 people doing nothing wrong with lasers never makes the news,,BUT one fool doing something bad WILL.
that is why in some countries no lasers are allowed--even just 5 mW.
check out LPS.org --use the link in my sig.. I go there OFTEN as new stuff is added daily.
intentionally lasing aircraft in USA is now a Federal Offence!!
stay safe
stay strong
stay home

hak
Thank you

brendon7358

This question is highly dependent on what is "expensive". I would see any expensive laser as $250+ but you would probably disagree.

paul1598419

If you just want a green pointer look on eBay for 532nm laser pointers. The 301 and 303 style lasers can be had for as little as $6.00 each and take a single 18650 battery. They go in positive toward the tail cap. The generally run anywhere from 50 mW to 90 mW, but most come in ~80 mW.

hakzaw1

We have an ebay seller here--english name 'Alan'--uses KingKube as LPF username- he will be sure your lasers are 'keepers'

here are some choices from Alan--

the RGV 'trio' is a must-have lasers. The other two are 532nm DPSS greens- I have both and like both. His wife has a ton of stuff at the same 'store' so to see everything you will need to search 'Laser' 'cube' 'prism'--I gave him the LPF name KingKube coz that his first listing-- a very nice cube and my last bid of 25 cents was a winner--- I contacted the seller and said sorry for being so lucky.

He has very nice lab lasers for PJs, Lumia-CNC and his RGB white lasers are well priced . BUNCH of weapon lasers-- bike stuff- quite a lot of listings..
be sure to 'note to seller' that you are LPF and sent by hak.

AND beware--China Spring Break is soon and long and not much gets done during the festival.