Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What glasses should i buy?

Last edited:

I wouldn't expect anything notable in those but they would probably work. There's no telling how powerful your lasers will be so it's a bit more difficult to say just how good of a laser goggle you need (OD and stuff). I'm sure there's people who have posted on cheap laser goggles on the Forum, try searching on here for tips and ideas

norbyx

^^^ You did read the OP on what laser he just bought right.? Those lasers probably are going to be 30-50mw.... the googles I suggested are good even if used with 1W lasers... so I think he would be quite safe with those...

Alright thanks everyone,
I guess i am going with the norbyx's suggestion :)

i suggest at least eagle pairs to everyone :) idc if its only 5mW, you only get one set of eyes so protect them to the max! plus if you get great glasses from the start, when you upgrade your laser collection, you wont need to upgrade your glasses since they are more than enough!

^^^ You did read the OP on what laser he just bought right.? Those lasers probably are going to be 30-50mw.... the googles I suggested are good even if used with 1W lasers... so I think he would be quite safe with those...

Yes I did.
I in fact use a pair of the glasses you suggested. I don't see anything in my post to suggest that I was saying they were no good.

I'm getting a pair from OEM, because of this beast I got from Rick.
But the UVEX do stop 445nm and405nm but with 532nm some gets by.

Well, I am going to use it to try and burn tape, match and on the walls :)

Well, I am going to use it to try and burn tape, match and on the walls :)

That will be ok just remember that your laser is also putting out IR light that you can't see and will go through those UVEX glasses.

QQ-Tech® Goggles Laser Eye Protection Safety Glasses Goggle Glass Shield with Case for Green Blue Laser Pointer - Amazon.com
What do you think about those guys?
The one that i was suggested was too high price for shipping

OH PLEASE NO! Those are junk, please save your eyes and buy at least the uvex ones. you CANT put a price on your eyes! if you cant afford the uvex ones then you SHOULDNT buy a laser in the first place. i would say if you cant afford the eagle pair you shouldnt own a laser but some people like the uvex ones. i myself WONT use my laser without my eagle pair, even then im nervous my eyes will get damaged.

Also remember that the damage accumulates over time, so if you use crap glasses you will damage your eyes.
Here are some unscientific pics to compare.

The laser 532nm 1x 18650 will burn dark paper, pop balloons and light matches any color
up close 5" max.
Current draw at the tail cap 438ma
Distance of laser to glasses 2"
Distance from laser to target 12".
Camera Nikon Coolpix (POS)
Camera distance 6"

No Glasses

Chinese Glasses, which are all about the same.

UVEX glasses made by Honeywell in the USA

I did the dots in close-up to show the density of the dot not the size, both were 3.5mm As you can see the Chinese glasses have a much denser spot than the UVEX

Last edited:
that dot through eagle pairs is about a pin head. i have a pair of uvex for friends so ill do a comparison b/t uvex and eagle pair in a few minutes