Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What for fun do you do with your burning laser?

Tmack

I've seen the pens with more power than the bigger ones.
As of lately seller overfeel on ebay has some very over spec pens

I can light a candle from a good distance. (has to have been lit once already) and it was stronger than 1w

Last edited:

I can light a candle from a good distance. (has to have been lit once already) and it was stronger than 1w

How far is a good distance? How much more powerful than 1W? Not impossible, but a little bit of a stretch. If Blarg posted a video of himself doing that in a decent sized room it would shut me up :)

Tmack

3.4w rick trent with a 3 element lens at about 5 feet. So 2.4w +-

So Waaaaay stronger and Waaaaay closer.

I think my dominator could do it from further but that's still 3.6w.

And that was handheld, no tripod or steadying assistance. The biggest thing was lighting the wick first so it's black. A candle out of the packaging would have to be a couple inches away.

Last edited:
Okay might have exaggerated a bit...but you CAN light a candle with a 1 Watt 445.

Tmack

Just did it with my evo. Close to 1w. About three feet too!

Tmack

What rrrrrrrrr you implying Javalin?!

Think I might make a daily burner with my empty c11. The heatsink is huge. Figure run it at 2.1a so I can run it till its on fire. ;D still hell on the diode, but it'll give it some of a break from the usual 2.3-2.5a

I seen a guy on YouTube light sparklers with a 2w 445nm laser. I will be trying this soon. Also popping pop corn should be fun.