Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What do you typically burn with your laser

Coherent said:
[quote author=nvmextc link=1229024166/0#4 date=1229035299]if its a BR its fun to get the back of peoples necks when they are on the computer, they keep swatting like a fly and dont know what it is.  ;D
Then they turn around and get it right in the eye ;D[/quote]

I only done that a couple times with a close m8 of mine that I build lasers with, when he is to preoccupied to turn around, driving games etc. I wouldn't do that if I thought I could blind someone :-/

Some proper things I've burnt.
I engraved my safety boots with 90mW 780nm. That looked cool cos after a week or two it was white writing on the black boots.
Can light cigarettes with 135mW BR just as good as 210mW red!
That BR just about burns everything I try though, my walls, my computer desk, white electrical tape which was surprising.
Yer, can't think of much else more atm.

I'm not really a fan of burning with lasers... I mean, a match is so much easier and lasers are capable of so much more!!

But, as a cool party trick, it's fun to light a cigarette with a laser.

xmtgx

if the lids on the jar it will explode like a granade be carefull on enclosing
sulfer gun powder ect dangerous indeed :eek:

The lid is what makes it cool! lol, TBH though i used to do this with a camera film roll case filled to the rim with compacted match heads then sealed it with a fuse sticking out. Very cool, Very dangerous. And loud!!!

Anyways matches, balloons, plastics, skin, cloth, newspapers, water on a black anodized aluminum (mag-lite), clouds and the moon!
The usual.

I burn gunpowder, matches, little insects, paper, cardboard, plastics, leathers, balloons, walls and pretty much everything I can think of.

Must get CO2 laser...

just bought a 75' roll of magnesium ribbon...............mmmuuuuuuhhhhaaaahhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!! :eek:

Incence sticks are good but dynamites better, petrols good to.
shall i just end this here and say anything flamable.
whos the guy who said "road signs"???? ;D

mmmmm.....thermite lol. i can get some from the guys at work who weld up the railway lines. might mix it with some finely cut up magnesium and try that. :eek: or some aluminuim powder of ebay