Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What discharge rate li-ion battery to use?

RADU2975

I want to build a blue 1.6W 445nm laser(OSRAM PLTB450B) with a boost driver .
I have some high discharge li-ion witch puts out 20A(samsung 25r) will this fry/kill everything?

Dusty_Lenses

I want to build a blue 1.6W 445nm laser(OSRAM PLTB450B) with a boost driver .
I have some high discharge li-ion witch puts out 20A(samsung 25r) will this fry/kill everything?
I dont see the driver pulling much more than 2 -2.5A. Aside that, the rating is what the battery is capable of in terms of current. As long as it meets the voltage criteria,, it wont make any difference. 🍺

RADU2975

I dont see the driver pulling much more than 2 -2.5A. Aside that, the rating is what the battery is capable of in terms of current. As long as it meets the voltage criteria,, it wont make any difference. 🍺
The driver imput is 3.7V ,but I don't know the max amps imput or it dosen't matter?

Photon Master

The “3.7 volt” thing caught my eye. I usually charge my batteries to 4.2 volt. I wonder if doing so in your case could damage your device? My chargers allow me to set the max voltage and the charging current

Dusty_Lenses

It has 3r3 chip on it witch I know is pretty good

I can't share links because I don't have 20 posts yet but in the descripsion says one li ion battery
3r3 is the inductor, id need the tiny code on the chip with 6 - 8 legs, possibly more legs. If its meant for a li ion then typically 4.2v will be fine as most cells are 3.7v nominal but 4.25 fully charged

Dusty_Lenses

Found chip code , LM358
Havent seen many boost boards using an opamp outside of current control feedback on a CV IC. But if thats the only chip, you'll be fine with an input voltage of 4.2V, just dont exceed that like using 2 batteries or you risk blowing both the driver AND diode.

-Industry-Standard Dual Operational Amplifiers

1 Features •

Wide supply range of 3 V to 36 V (B, BA versions) • Quiescent current: 300 µA/ch (B, BA versions) • Unity-gain bandwidth of 1.2 MHz (B, BA versions) • Common-mode input voltage range includes ground, enabling direct sensing near ground • 2-mV input offset voltage max. at 25°C (BA version) • 3-mV input offset voltag