Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What colour to go for?

First post, just need some advice!

I want to get a burning laser, just for messing around with and have no idea what colour to get. It seems blue is the best but by the sounds of it, you have to be very sensible!

How do green compare to blue for burning capabilities? And blinding?!?

Also, looked at the obvious wicked lasers, are there any others that are worth considering?

Cheers in advance

Imo you should buy one built by members. You can get the same power as the WickedLasers' Article S3 for like around $100. I don't know if green burns better than blue or not but blue is cheaper per mW which is good if you want to burn stuff.

Last edited:

norbyx

My advise,
1. do a proper first post in a forum
2. read the forum
3. buy the color you like since color doesn't make a difference.
4. don't even joke about blinding someone with a laser or you will have big problems in this forum

read the yellow link in my signature below and READ the whole thing. it will answer many of the questions you may ask yourself.

DONT buy from wicked laser and if you do then :crackup:
DONT even joke about or even ask about blinding anything or you will get bashed and banned
Every color can burn at a certain power so please use the search bar

4. don't even joke about blinding someone with a laser or you will have big problems in this forum

You didn't have to neg rep him so fast... He wasn't even joking about blinding people at all. He said
by the sounds of it, you have to be very sensible!
THEN asked about blinding capabilities. so he was probably asking if green lasers are as dangerous as blues. Don't be so quick to judge :mad:

Last edited:
You didn't have to neg rep him so fast... He wasn't even joking about blinding people at all. He said THEN asked about blinding capabilities. so he was probably asking if green lasers are as dangerous as blues. Don't be so quick to judge :mad:

Yea, sounded like a translation thing, man slow down.:thinking:

You didn't have to neg rep him so fast... He wasn't even joking about blinding people at all. He said THEN asked about blinding capabilities. so he was probably asking if green lasers are as dangerous as blues. Don't be so quick to judge :mad:

Thanks! It was mainly because of the link of Wicked Lasers about "Blue Light Hazard"! It doesn't mention green but I don't want to stake my eye sight on an assumption!

Norbyx - Guide to owning lasers, genius! That's what I have been looking for, something written by a human and not just a list of technical capabilities....

So why are wicked laser laughed at? $200 to for the fancy host?!

I made the guide so that new members could understand what the vets are talking about. there should be a link to 33 reasons not to buy from wicker lasers in there and if not ill add that right away but basically they have false advertising, their products break easy, they over WAY over priced and service is crap

EDIT: i countered the - rep for you. im glad you are concerned with the dangers and power that lasers have but watch your wording next time. members here dont like when laser owners ask/do stupid things. let me know if you have any questions about my guide and ill be happy to answer them for you :beer:

Last edited:
I was just flicking through them; that is a point well proved! Thanks for the heads up.

What brand to go for then?
Looking around there are:
-loads of people selling them on here
-Dragon Lasers
-Lazerer (same warnings as wicked lasers?!)
-Laser Gadgets (maybe in a few years :drool: )

Any recommendations?

lazerer is great, bought a laser from them used it once and the threads got f'ed up but max replaced it no questions asked. replacement got here in 4 days from hong kong and has worked perfect since. if you get from there buy the power output chart to know exactly what your laser makes for power. dragon laser is also nice, there is also laserbtb and the sellers here are superb. if things break most of them will fix it for you but make sure to ask them each about their policies. if you give me a wavelength and power desire i can recommend a seller/builder. need to know what you want before i can recommend anything

norbyx

People that always go against WL are probably just people that have never owned one.
I don't say they aren't overpriced compared to other laser companies, but to say that they are complete crap that is just unfair.
There are lot's of forum members who have WL and lot's that would like to have them.
You can get a WL tested and certified, if not up to specs you just send it back, obviously that isn't cheap, but it rarely ever happens nowdays.
WL built a bad reputation in the past because they overshoot their power figures a lot, but this doesn't happen anymore and they have removed many lasers from their list or anounce them with different powers (lower) than they did before, in fact you don't see the kripton 750mw or 1W green laser anymore... just the 500mw. Now it IS more expensive than the competition but If I just wanted a WL because of it's looks than I would have to pay the extra fee...

Anyhow it has been discussed over and over and over again, and I don't like to get into any fight, but just having a negative response to anyone that asks for a WL is not correct.

Sound. Just something that would burn quite quick so I think 1 Watt blue or the equivalent green.

Thanks again!:beer:

532nm you have to worry about 1064nm IR but 200mW of 532 will burn well
1W 445nm you can get from lazerer or here on LPF for a decent price. Blord and ApexProxy sell 445nm builds here in the BST section.

no matter what you get, you NEED to buy a good pair of safety glasses.

EDIT: to norbyx, i wont ever by a WL due to the reputation they had. only WL ill buy is a completely gutted and rebuilt WL host from a member here. the WL host isnt anything special any more; lazerer and jetlasers make identical hosts and the new PL-E Pro by jetlasers is better IMO. plus WL is too main stream and PUSHING to sell lasers to uneducated buyers. when you look online the majority of people who post WLs (except for here) are young kids or stupid individuals who shine them at air crafts (how many WL air craft stories have we seen here, too many). WL sells crappy safety glasses with high powered lasers :thinking: a 3 pack of sanyo batteries is $50????? can grab a 4 pack new on fleabay for $15 shipped from within the USA! i will agree that the quality has gone up based on other members reviews but still, i will never deal with a company that has a shady past, to me its just unethical. if lazerer went and did shady things i wouldnt deal with them again either so its not just bias on WL, it goes for every company i buy from. everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and i wont fight anyone who is educated and presents their opinion fairly :D

Last edited:
I will check them out. Definitely will, there doesn't seem to be as many options in the safety glasses department!

Cheers!

have you looked at the link in my signature :thinking: i posted 4 different places to get glasses. the last two companies alone have like 40 pairs each :thinking: