Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

We've all done it...

Thought I was a super hero when I was 15 and told a guy who was groping and slapping around a girl to leave her alone. Ended up with a nice knife slash in the chest and arm. Bonus stupidity: I didn't go to the hospital because I didn't want my parents to know.

Had a competition when I was 10 or 11 to see who could jump furthest off a swing. I broke my arm in the winning jump.

Thought it would be great revenge to sleep with the sister of an ex who had been spreading lies about me beating her. 4 months later, after several fights between the sisters, my new chemistry teacher turned out to be their dad.

Participated in a vodka-drinking contest in Copenhagen. Woke up in a small town in Germany with a toga on. Bonus stupidity: It was winter and I got a bad cold from travelling home in only a toga.

Seb aka dumbass

that first one was very noble of you :D

I have way too many to list here so I will just show you guys how I fixed my hot water heater, now I can wash in warm water :crackup:
33jogms.jpg

I have way too many to list here so I will just show you guys how I fixed my hot water heater, now I can wash in warm water :crackup:
33jogms.jpg

thats devotion he puts his love of lasers ahead of paying to have hot water :crackup:

^^ epic facepalm.

Have you powerd the diode? it may still work?

No, didn't bother trying to power it up, for that matter it's still sitting in the Aixiz module lol. I broke it and still didn't even get it out (gave up after hearing it crack). So it may very well still work, I suspect I only cracked the glass cause I stopped the second I heard it, but I probably won't end up using it either way.

STI24

I turned one of those compressed gas dusters upside down and sprayed it on my arm a couple years ago.

My skin is slightly darker in the spot where I sprayed it. :shhh:

ped

I turned one of those compressed gas dusters upside down and sprayed it on my arm a couple years ago.

My skin is slightly darker in the spot where I sprayed it. :shhh:

been there done that, i did my elbow and my collegue did the back of his hand, his hand now bares the same anomoly as you arm :)

speaking of duster, I learned that even though it is flammable, burning it is a bad idea. Hydrogen Fluoride is released when burnt. I got just a little breath of it and choked. that was a quick lesson learned.

speaking of duster, I learned that even though it is flammable, burning it is a bad idea. Hydrogen Fluoride is released when burnt. I got just a little breath of it and choked. that was a quick lesson learned.
I've done that. Ouch indeed.

Didn't end badly, but my favorite stupid moment was when I blindly reached into the electronics project I built to move a wire around. It was plugged in, and I had just hooked up the 320v part of the power supply. Sure was one hell of a tingle.

...Picking up the Soldering Iron on the wrong end... Needless to say i went out and bought a stand... had a red spot for weeks nice bar right across my palm... That and when I was little my dad said to touch the car lighter "It wont burn you"...(Had my thumb in a bucket for hours) My faith in my father was reduced that day... yeah i get burned alot :(

I burned the crap out of my left thumb a couple of hours ago on the head of an acetylene torch.
It turns out they get hot when you use em for a while :whistle:

ped

The soldering iron mishaps make me cringe as its a lasting pain..a freind of mine leant on his soldering iron while it was out of the holder just lying on his bench, with the soft part of his under arm.

He's still scarred to this day, some 20 years later.

Last edited:

dnar

Back when i was young, in the days before mobile phones we used 2-way radios in our vehicles. One day I was bagging the boss with a work mate and all of a sudden we heard this "click" through the speaker as the jammed mic button released. The next thing we heard was the boss over the 2-way "come and see me when you get back"......

Rocket I made went exploded close to Us and the Effects charges flew at us and went off was very lound and it eccoed acrros the fields , But was we ok , Just ringing In are ears :p